Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Base SR in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They don't really sell the SR's. It's just there for the incentives, I heard its near impossible to purchase it on Tesla's website. So I'm assuming if they're getting rid of it its because incentives are ending? Or possibly changing the floor to maybe $55k

My understanding that the federal EV incentives have run out because of the number of vehicles that they've sold. I do suspect that cancelling the SR base version is because of that. I would imagine that as long as the Canadian federal incentive is still on, that the sub-45K version will still (technically) be available. They'd basically be cutting of a bunch of sales for no reason.

They don't really sell the SR's. It's just there for the incentives, I heard its near impossible to purchase it on Tesla's website. So I'm assuming if they're getting rid of it its because incentives are ending? Or possibly changing the floor to maybe $55k

I looked at buying one and the process was easy. Just order the SR+ and reply to the confirmation email to change your order to an SR. I would of done it except for the SR 150KM range limit (Autopilot is not that useful to me). I really hope the updated program bumps that up to at least 250KM range as minimum.

• Disagree
Reactions: Murky-Article