Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery capacity increasing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ever since I took delivery back in August, my capacity was in the low 250s (miles) right off the bat. I switched my capacity reading to percent just so I wouldn’t obsess over it. I have noticed that capacity is not declining but actually ticked up a mile or two. Graph attached. Does anyone have a similar experience?

Attachments

• 59BD9BC7-0F6B-4980-8E83-E3791897BF0E.jpeg
    59BD9BC7-0F6B-4980-8E83-E3791897BF0E.jpeg
    59.4 KB · Views: 79
This probably means that your lifetime watt hours per mile (whm) is below average. Estimated range is capacity/whm so if your whm decreases over time then your estimated range increases. Lots of factors affect whm so your estimated range might fluctuate.
NO.

Wrong wrong wrong.

Rated range is estimated battery capacity divided by a constant. It is in no way affected by driving style.

NO.

Wrong wrong wrong.

Rated range is estimated battery capacity divided by a constant. It is in no way affected by driving style.
Technically, the statement was that estimated range takes driving habits into account, which is true. If by "estimated" they meant "Rated", then you are right in correcting that misconception. You can't really blame people for having this wrong information -- ask at any Service Center and they will tell you exactly that.