Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery degradation on M3 LR facelift version

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can anyone remember roughly what the max range shown on the car/app was on new early face lift Tesla M3 LR? (WLTP was 360 miles right?)

I’m considering buying a used one and the seller says the app shows 322 miles range with full battery - agree this is not exact science.

Wanted some crude idea of the battery degradation after 22 months and 23K miles and check if it’s in line with what you are seeing?

Apart from the new LFP batteries on the latest LR (WLTP increase from 360 -> 374), are the any additional features with the latest LR compared to the early 2020/21 facelift version?

Can anyone remember roughly what the max range shown on the car/app was on new early face lift Tesla M3 LR? (WLTP was 360 miles right?)

I’m considering buying a used one and the seller says the app shows 322 miles range with full battery - agree this is not exact science.

Wanted some crude idea of the battery degradation after 22 months and 23K miles and check if it’s in line with what you are seeing?

Apart from the new LFP batteries on the latest LR (WLTP increase from 360 -> 374), are the any additional features with the latest LR compared to the early 2020/21 facelift version?
The current LR versions has a slightly larger battery, but it's not LFP. The only model with LFP is the base Model 3.

Other feature changes would be the Ryzen CPU for the media unit, makes very little noticeable difference now, but maybe adds something when more games are available from Steam. Also it's replaced the 12V regular car battery with a 16v Li Ion battery which apparently is going to last longer. It will depend on your timing but the new car has double glazed front windows that makes some small difference to noise. It also now doesn't have a radar, whereas the older will have a radar that it no longer uses. Maybe if you order now by the time it ships it could not have stalks, who knows, delivery on a new car is a long way off.

Reactions: elecTED

In Dec 2020 my LR (heat pump) charged to 90% gave 300 miles range. So 333 miles when full. Pretty much the same as @Chris CG got.
My last charge got 319 when full, so not too far from the car you're looking at.

EDIT: Just checked the internet archive and Tesla were advertising 348 WLTP in October 2020 when I ordered my car. They still showed the chrome trim, so likely the earlier model. The first reference to the 'new' model later the month had a WLTP of 360 miles.

Last edited:
Reactions: elecTED