Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery Fuse Replacement 2016 Model S 90D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• 140141570159.JPEG
    140141570159.JPEG
    46.4 KB · Views: 131
Joining the thread to keep up the conversation because I just so happen got the battery fuse replacement message today 8/17 and something smells fishy to me. I have a 2017 Model S with 83k miles on it….the software on the car just updated at a few days ago and now this. The release notes were very vague - “bug fixes” but looks like they put a bug in my car. Elon Musk needs to pay us with a recall or a lawsuit. I don’t care who he thinks he is or how great and futuristic his cars seem, but this is just a glimpse of what Dr. Evil and tech takeover can do when the government is betting on and pushing sustainable energy to save the earth and he can patch a bug through software. Even that’s an oxymoron, any type of human consumption destroys something else. I digress but I will hold off on jumping to paying anything out of pocket right now. I hope something backfires on his a$$.

Reactions: plumazul
Same here and I just got my car back today from SC - they finally fixed what stopped working (passive entry) when they upgraded to MCU2
I installed 2023.26.8 (previously 2023.26.7) and got the message.
Why didn't they bother to check this and let me know if it needed replacement if this is haunting us?

Joining the thread to keep up the conversation because I just so happen got the battery fuse replacement message today 8/17 and something smells fishy to me. I have a 2017 Model S with 83k miles on it….the software on the car just updated at a few days ago and now this. The release notes were very vague - “bug fixes” but looks like they put a bug in my car. Elon Musk needs to pay us with a recall or a lawsuit. I don’t care who he thinks he is or how great and futuristic his cars seem, but this is just a glimpse of what Dr. Evil and tech takeover can do when the government is betting on and pushing sustainable energy to save the earth and he can patch a bug through software. Even that’s an oxymoron, any type of human consumption destroys something else. I digress but I will hold off on jumping to paying anything out of pocket right now. I hope something backfires on his a$$.
Wow, very spicy words. Just wanted to weight in, 2016 S90D 118,000 miles. I have not installed the software updates and received same message. Don't believe after reading all threads this is update related. Mine went off after washing car...I wash the inner portions of frunk and hatch, figured I got something wet that shouldn't be. I'll be installing update tonight and see if it goes away.

what firmware are you on now?

Joining the unfortunate club with my early 2017 100 D Model S.

How long has someone lived with this issue before it became a "tow it in" issue versus "drive-in"?

Lastly, to those posting images of their vehicle being out of general warranty but this was still covered by warranty invoices a sincere thanks; I have found service writers will match such if a few relevant recent samples can be provided - have used this tactic successfully for other issues.

ok something is amiss here..so many its popping up for...something is odd....like someone stated or asked"could all these items be failing at same time in diff cars? If thousands get this and its 350-800.00 a car to fix..thats alot of money...
It's not a failure, it's a calendar time based warning that the battery in the pack mounted HV pyro fuse is reaching the projected end of life. All vehicles with the same manufacturing date for that part in their configuration will raise the error at the same time.

Put another way, all 2017 cars are about 6 years old.

• Helpful
Reactions: pilotSteve