Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery upgrade / replacement.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been monitoring the BMS data on my car over the last 3 years or so. The rated range number corresponds consistently with the 'pack nominal capacity'.
Nominal capacity / rated consumption = rated range. Looking at the rated range is the same as looking at the pack capacity.

Did you see any inconsistance over the years in your car?

I’m using TM-Spy, which only shows the total pack capacity. I’m not sure if that’s the same as the pack nominal capacity you’re referring to?

The link I posted above shows an example I pulled from a loaner I had, which shows a fairly decent discrepancy between using rated range and total pack capacity to measure degradation. I haven’t actually done a 100% charge yet on my Model S as I’ve only owned it for a couple months, but I’m planning to do the same comparison.

I’m simply looking at total pack capacity (new) versus current total pack capacity. I realize even new, there’s probably a slight variation in total capacity but I figured it’s close enough to the values wk057 published.

Ah, okay. Well, unfortunately Tesla probably won't give you anything more than "everything looks normal". Just realize the displayed range isn't the most accurate way to measure degradation. I made a post about it in this thread if you're interested. If you really want to get the specifics, you could pull the total capacity (kWh) of your battery cells and look at the cell balance/imbalance yourself. This requires reading the data off your CAN bus using something like TM-Spy or Scan My Tesla, which requires a OBD adapter/cable and bluetooth dongle.

Gotcha. Thanks for the info. I'll look into the TM Spy / Scan My Tesla thing.

Unless somebody on the forums wants to trade their help for a coffee!

I search - but it looks like there isn't a magic imbalance ratio / number that would trigger a warranty replacement ...