Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BATTERY UPGRADE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So rare in fact that a P85DL with Plus suspension usually only sees 1 or 2 at most for sale in the entire US at any one time. There are only a couple of hundred that were ever converted to Ludicrous with + suspension and more than half of those are now P90DL+ which are almost unicorns in their own right as well.
According to "Additional Vehicle Information", my P85DL has a Plus suspension, but I don't think that is really the case as it's a July 2015 build.

Then we agree - even with different definitions almost every pre-2016 Tesla is a unicorn. By my definition because there not many cars with similar configuration, and by your definition because almost all of them were custom orders, therefore desirable to at least the person who ordered it and paid ~$100K for it. :)

great discussion ;) I think of unicorn as a config which is super rare amongst a slew of more commonly seen configs. The P85DL+ has such a small number of VIN’s as compared to any other battery/suspension/power configuration.

The L brings it into a niche club for the P85D and the + is a needle in a haystack of configs.