Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bay area folks: Are you still waiting to hear re: delivery after configuring?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a call today from my ISA and they said Home Delivery is my only option. I asked for pick up at the Fremont hub but they said my home is assigned for home delivery. I wanted the whole Tesla pick up experience. He said I could get a free tour of the factory if I wanted to after I get the car. I just wanted the damn car so I said fine, ok, I'll take home delivery. So I'm getting the car delivered to my house on Friday, July 13th!!

White/LR/PUP/19" Sport/EAP

I got my VIN today and it's 252XX. Damn, it's so low. Should I be worried?

So it would appear that you will receive your car before others in the que who ordered before you but your invite was before us (2/22).... which means that Tesla is giving priority based on when you were invited; not when you order? If i had waited to order on June 30th than i would have jumped in front of all those who ordered on June 27th? Wow! no wonder we are forgotten....so many who had early invites decided to order in may /june to make sure they got in on time for various reasons and those of us that actually ordered in April have been pushed to the curb and forgotten....:(:rolleyes:o_O
I wish that was the case. I was invited on 2/22 but waited for SR or AWD LOL neither came soon enough so pulled the trigger on April 30th. What bad luck...I should have ordered in Feb :eek:

My ISA mentioned car was already in SF, that they were were bringing them there and distributing as Fremont was at or above capacity, so home delivery might only be available where they can pre stage the car locally.

on MyTesla page, it says my car is sitting at:

San Francisco-Port of San Francisco
401 Cesar Chavez Street Pier 80

San Francisco, CA 94124

So I guess they're going to drive my car over to the EastBay and uber it back to SF? I work in SF, I might as well go get it myself!

I am a bit disappointed. We were to received our Model 3 this afternoon at the Fremont location, but Tesla called and stated that our car did not make it to the truck. We should not go to the delivery center until they confirm the car is there.

Later this afternoon Tesla called and said our car was in for pickup. We were excited, but a few hour later they called and stated they were given wrong information. The car was still in the factory. We rescheduled for later this week.

I'll be going over the car more in detail and take a ton of photos.

I am a bit disappointed. We were to received our Model 3 this afternoon at the Fremont location, but Tesla called and stated that our car did not make it to the truck. We should not go to the delivery center until they confirm the car is there.

Later this afternoon Tesla called and said our car was in for pickup. We were excited, but a few hour later they called and stated they were given wrong information. The car was still in the factory. We rescheduled for later this week.

I'll be going over the car more in detail and take a ton of photos.

What truck (from Fremont to Fremont?)

Looks like they just can't get their act together ... :eek:

• Funny
Reactions: MissyMcBee
My ISA mentioned car was already in SF, that they were were bringing them there and distributing as Fremont was at or above capacity, so home delivery might only be available where they can pre stage the car locally.
That sounds like a plausible explanation for why some Model 3 buyers in the SF area are getting home delivery; their are so many Bay Area Model 3 deliveries that the Fremont delivery center and the various Bay Area Service Centers can’t handle the volume.

I don’t see that as a bad thing, on balance. It means that Tesla is building and delivering a lot of Model 3s in the Bay Area. Hooray!

That sounds like a plausible explanation for why some Model 3 buyers in the SF area are getting home delivery; their are so many Bay Area Model 3 deliveries that the Fremont delivery center and the various Bay Area Service Centers can’t handle the volume.

I don’t see that as a bad thing, on balance. It means that Tesla is building and delivering a lot of Model 3s in the Bay Area. Hooray!

But some cars didn't get on the truck going to Fremont from Fremont ... :eek:

This is probably a bit extra but I wonder if the Tesla Delivery Center in Fremont is busy delivering Model 3s and are any White or Red. If anyone lives near there chime in.

Feels like stalking..:eek:

I would like to know too :)

Reactions: MissyMcBee
This is probably a bit extra but I wonder if the Tesla Delivery Center in Fremont is busy delivering Model 3s and are any White or Red. If anyone lives near there chime in.
I was there this afternoon. I didn't take a complete inventory but it looked like the three dozen or so cars lined up in front of the building were all 3s. One red, no white. Majority was blue, MSM (mine), silver or black.

Reactions: daver6640
I was there this afternoon. I didn't take a complete inventory but it looked like the three dozen or so cars lined up in front of the building were all 3s. One red, no white. Majority was blue, MSM (mine), silver or black.

How was the Fremont pickup experience....did you see any issues with your M3. FYI I take delivery on 7/6 of same config except 19" wheels and a VIN486xx

Just got the call this morning. My Red / LR / Aero car will be delivered to my house on the SF peninsula between 6-8am Thursday 7/12.
Just yesterday afternoon was the first time I had heard from an ISA; recommending I finish adding my wife's license info and my insurance info, and confirming my details.
So I filled out a USAA loan app and provided the info last night, got the call + appointment this AM.

3/31 Stanford mall line person, invited to config around 3/22, configured around 5/16, got the July delay email on 5/20.