Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bay Area shop to upgrade battery pack?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all. I have a 2014 Model S60. Battery down to 194 max charge (not bad) but looking to upgrade. Gruber Motors in PHX does battery upgrades; they are able to drop in an 85 or 90 battery in the older model car. Does anyone know of a shop that offers a similar service in the Bay Area?

What is their warranty? Is it a new pack, used pack or remanufactured
This is what I got from them:

I was able to get a price quote for an 85KWh battery pack.

A used refurbished pack will be $21,450. This price includes just the pack no labor. Also depending on what suspension you currently have in your Model S you may have to upgrade the suspension components as well to compensate for the added weight of the new battery pack.

Upvote 0
This is what I got from them:

I was able to get a price quote for an 85KWh battery pack.

A used refurbished pack will be $21,450. This price includes just the pack no labor. Also depending on what suspension you currently have in your Model S you may have to upgrade the suspension components as well to compensate for the added weight of the new battery pack.
That’s nuts. Tesla would do it for roughly the same for a brand new battery with a 4 year warranty.

Upvote 0