Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bay Area Tesla Collision Center vs. Third-Party Repair for Rear-Ended Model 3: Advice Needed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello fellow Tesla owners,

I recently experienced a rear-end collision with my Tesla Model 3 and need to get it repaired. I'm currently debating between taking it to a Tesla collision center or a third-party Tesla-certified repair center. The Tesla collision center has a two-month waiting period for appointments, which is quite long.

My primary concern is the quality of the repair work and, more importantly, the safety of the battery after the collision. I'm wondering if there's a significant difference between the Tesla collision center and a third-party repair center in terms of service quality and thoroughness of inspection. Are there any specific advantages or disadvantages to either option that I should be aware of?

Someone backed into my 2020 M3LR in October of 2021. At that time, here in MA there were no Tesla Collision Centers (for all I know, that may still be the case), so I took it to a Tesla Authorized Collision Center. They did a phenomenal job and I would go back there again if the need ever arises.

Hello fellow Tesla owners,

I recently experienced a rear-end collision with my Tesla Model 3 and need to get it repaired. I'm currently debating between taking it to a Tesla collision center or a third-party Tesla-certified repair center. The Tesla collision center has a two-month waiting period for appointments, which is quite long.

My primary concern is the quality of the repair work and, more importantly, the safety of the battery after the collision. I'm wondering if there's a significant difference between the Tesla collision center and a third-party repair center in terms of service quality and thoroughness of inspection. Are there any specific advantages or disadvantages to either option that I should be aware of?
I had our "S" repaired at Blakes, a Tesla and State Farm certified center, in Rohnert Park, south of Santa Rosa. Outstanding treatment and work. They have been bought by Crash Champions, but the staff is reportedly the same. I encourage you to chat with them. Details upon request. [email protected]

I’m in Portland Oregon and have been waiting for 10 months for a fairly simple repair. All I need is a new rear bumper. The certified shops here are now quoting 9 to 18 months for any repair. Good thing it’s not serious.

I had Model S rear-ended and fixed at Tesla San Jose collision center.
  • Repair quality was top notch
  • Communications were lousy (no communication at all)
  • Car was unnecessarily sitting on their yard for two extra weeks. I would have preferred driving it and them communicating honestly when they can start repairing it.