Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bay Area TMC forum meet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, how about we try to stay on topic. :smile:
Kevin, you could try starting your own thread for people in the DC area.

So far we have:
1. doug (me)
2. graham
3. TEG
4. AGR??
5. lorencc
6. flabby
7. Bradleybang
8. MDR
9. Martin??
10. Laurent
11. vfx??

This is about the size I'd prefer. It was unclear to me if vfx or AGR are in town or from where they would travel, so maybe you guys can clarify.
If Martin is serious about wanting to join us, I would like him to be able. It would be great to meet him (and see his car) in person. I'd like to think that it wouldn't be a big deal if we still met at the Tesla store, but obviously I don't know. Martin, could you tell us your level of interest? Then I'll try to find out if your attendance would make us unwelcome. It's hard to believe it would since about half this group are "owners". But you never know. Worst case scenario, we can always just meet at the Stanford Oval, which is a pretty nice option actually.

I would like to attend as well. Timing would be the issue, but a trip up to the SF Bay area would easy to manage if the date works out for me. I would love a chance to see Martin's car and shake his hand if he could put up with a lttle hero worship! :)

Martin, could you tell us your level of interest? Then I'll try to find out if your attendance would make us unwelcome. It's hard to believe it would since about half this group are "owners". But you never know.

I would love to come. But if my being there spoils it for Tesla, I also would not want to be the spoiler. Maybe I can join the rest of you for an after-party someplace off the Tesla premises.:frown:

Martin,

Certinly none of us have a complete undestanding of all things that have been communicated to you (lately) by the employees of TM, but I find it incredible that they would not "allow" you in their store. After all, will they need to stay open after hours and quietly usher you in and out of the back door if your roadster needs service?

IMO, if Martin can't/won't attend at the Menlo Park location, we should meet elsewhere.

Tim

Agreed about Martin. I can't imagine Tesla would kick up a fuss, but if they did we should meet elsewhere.

Onto another topic: Certainly it would be nice to meet to put faces to the login names. But has anyone thought about more than that purpose for a get-together?

It would be nice to have a reason to get together on a semi-regular basis to discuss all things Tesla. But to keep interest up, it would be nice to have more of an agenda than just to say hi. Even if the agenda is food :)

Could we get JB to give a technical talk? Or perhaps Martin could rehash his Marin slideshow. Could someone coordinate getting food or drinks or something, and collecting donations to cover it?

-g

Some possible ideas:

Meet for dinner on a weekday, or lunch on a weekend?
  • Max's at Stanford Shopping Center?
  • Cafe Borrone down the street from the store?
  • Buck's in Woodside?
  • Gaylord India down near Atherton?
  • Or even Chevy's or Applewood Pizza?
Meet at Alice's restaurant up on Skyline?

Go to "Gokartracer"? (Oh wait! They burn gas there... )