Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bay Area Window Tint (South Bay) Advice?

jasonmason

Mar 30, 2018
Bay Area
Hi Everyone,

I'm getting my window's tinted 3M crystalline Sides + Rear one piece for $900 at Mr. Tint in San Jose.

Is this too much? any other recommendations? I called OCDetailing and they quoted me $1300 for 3M Crystalline.

Thanks!

redp4ndy

Apr 28, 2018
Cupertino, CA
Hi Everyone,

I'm getting my window's tinted 3M crystalline Sides + Rear one piece for $900 at Mr. Tint in San Jose.

Is this too much? any other recommendations? I called OCDetailing and they quoted me $1300 for 3M Crystalline.

Thanks!

I used Mr Tint back in Jan and just had them do ceramic and was a hundred or two less (fronts, rear sides, rear). I'm going to have them do my windshield also as I've gotten kind of sunburned almost already. I also bought the $75 mesh shade for the forward roof glass and it definitely helps.

patrickg

Aug 9, 2018
San Jose
Kind of late, but I just got a quote from Mr. Tint as well and they gave me a price of $550 for front windows, rear windows, and rear windshield. Upgrade to ceramic would cost $775. Maybe they reduced their prices after some backlash?

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC