Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BBC - "Hot Planet"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

dpeilow

May 23, 2008
Winchester, UK
Looking at the effects of climate change and ways we can mitigate it: BBC - BBC One Programmes - Hot Planet

It was an interesting programme - it explains the main issues, consequences and many of the technologies we like to talk about here that have the potential to slow or halt the problem, and did so in easy to understand but not too dumbed down. They still managed to cover a lot of ground in one hour.

There was a segment on hydrogen cars in Iceland which was fairly positive, although high energy use was briefly acknowledged.

If you are not in the UK, you probably can't see this through iPlayer. As a license fee payer, I couldn't at all condone finding it on any peer to peer download service...

Last edited:
As a license fee payer, I couldn't at all condone finding it on any peer to peer download service...

Hot Planet torrent is available on piratebay. It's in HD so it's quite large, but the program is worth it.

It starts off with videos of big waves washing cities away and all that doom. because of that, I expected this show to be emotional propaganda-ish type. But is was not that at all. Best parts about this show were videos of scientist explaining how they come up with evidence of warming caused by burning fossils. Clear and to the point. One small complaint, electric cars were not shown but briefly mentioned. Instead there was a segment about Fuel Cells. And proposed personal behavior changes were limited to replacing light bulbs.