TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

BBC radio via the web?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by jcb-memphis, Nov 22, 2014.

1. jcb-memphis

jcb-memphis New Member

Hi,

I am looking at a purchase and the main feature I use XM for now is BBC world radio. On the web via computer, this is free...

Here is the link to test:

BBC - World Service Outlook Arts - Sophia Loren, Carsick, Fir...

Could anyone tell me if this can be "heard/used" in their Tesla...would let me skip the 2500 audio option...

Thank you in advance (and I did search on this before I posted, so sorry if I missed a previous similar question)!

JB

2. richrootes

richrootes Member

When we had our overnight test drive vehicle, we listened to Radio 2 all the time - using TuneIn - which is pre installed

If you want to listen to older shows from iPlayer, grab them using GetIplayer, save them to a USB memory stick and play in the car

Hope this helps

3. jcb-memphis

jcb-memphis New Member

Thank you.

Tyring to avoid buying a 2500 dollar xm radio....the other option is this - I have an XM account....although learning about tunein is making me think it could replace my xm completely.....

https://www.siriusxm.com/player/#view=channels

- - - Updated - - -

PS: I found this http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/9617-Audio-Internet-music-options/page4 but it really never answered the quesiton and the world in version 6.0 of the firmware now in cars might make the answer different: can one use the web browser to listen to radio? Simple general quesiion... Thanks!

jcb

4. pete8314

pete8314 Vendor

Yeah, BBC World is available via Tune-In. I tend to listen to R1 & 2 more often, but they sometimes get weird in the evening (UK time), so I just stream the shows via iPlayer on my phone.

5. Lerxt

Lerxt Member

Has anyone found the World Service on Tunein radio?

6. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

No.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, but it's well hidden! ;-)

Go to "TuneIn"
    UK
    National Networks
    BBC

Now the sneaky bit...under "BBC" you'll see a long list of the national UK BBC stations but if you scroll to the very bottom of the station list there is another category for "BBC World Service", tap that and you get the full list of World Service programs in the various languages as well as BBC World News etc. Everything you want should be in there.

7. Nigel16494

Nigel16494 Member

I have all the BBCs 1,2,3,4,5 + Radio Leeds, Capitol radio. Who needs the world service when you have live radio 4. It is nice to drive around San Jose, California and listen to the archers. I have XM on 2 other cars, all disabled. The Tesla stuff comes free and much better