Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Be aware! Missing Control Arm Nut: Potential Safety Issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
HA- you beat me to it... I'm going to paste some of the details just so it shows up in search engines on the site:

Makes/Models/Model Years: TESLA/MODEL Y/2020
Mfr's Report Date: November 17, 2020
NHTSA Campaign Number: 20V-709
Components: SUSPENSION:FRONT:CONTROL ARM
Potential Number of Units Affected: 401

Problem Description: Tesla, Inc. (Tesla) is recalling certain 2020 Model Y vehicles. The bolts connecting the front upper control arm and steering knuckle may have not been properly tightened, allowing the upper control arm to detach from the steering knuckle.

Consequence: A detached upper control arm can cause the wheels to lean in or out, decreasing the driver's ability to steer and increasing the risk of a crash.

Remedy: Tesla will notify owners, and dealers will inspect, and as necessary, tighten the bolts, free of charge. The manufacturer has not yet provided a notification schedule. Owners may contact Tesla customer service at 1-877-798-3752. Tesla's number for this recall is SB-20-31-012.

It would be nice to know the VIN range if there is one. Or manufacture dates involved.

Posted here because it is pertinent to the thread, for the purpose of enlightening those who are following it who may be interested. No other reason.

Seems to be an obsession.... :confused:

My only obsession is to provide information that may be of use to interested parties, irrespective of whether is is deemed to be negative or positive (dependent upon the readers viewpoint).

Do you ever post anything besides potentially negative Tesla views?

Potentially negative to one is potentially positive to others who may be affected by any particular issue.

I don't see how this furthers your claims.

claims? I am merely re-reporting pertinent issues identified elsewhere in the public domain so as to inform those who may have a specific interest in the topic. Isn't that what forums are for? ... (a medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged).

The suspension issue is pertinent to Model 3 and needs to be addressed immediately. I experienced catastrophic failure with my two young grandchildren in the car. Thank God I was slowly turning as the lower arm unbolted and the car was immediately uncontrollable and not driveable. What if I had been driving at a normal freeway speed of 65 mph? What is Tesla waiting for, a deadly accident, before they order a recall?

Reactions: DS8819
The suspension issue is pertinent to Model 3 and needs to be addressed immediately. I experienced catastrophic failure with my two young grandchildren in the car. Thank God I was slowly turning as the lower arm unbolted and the car was immediately uncontrollable and not driveable. What if I had been driving at a normal freeway speed of 65 mph? What is Tesla waiting for, a deadly accident, before they order a recall?

And you joined today and are posting on the Model Y forum? And this is your only post?

• Disagree
Reactions: DS8819 and Dennisis