Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Before and after lowering brackets SAS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Moderator note (bmah): The first 29 posts in this thread are a combination of two threads on the same topic posted to two different Model S subforums.

The lowering brackets lowered an addition 1.5 inches

IMG_7022.jpg

Smart Air Suspension setting at stock "LOW" 29" from ground to fender

IMG_7049.jpg

Smart Air Suspension with lowering brackets setting at "STANDARD" 28" from ground to fender

SAS lowering bracket at "LOW" would drop the car another 1/2 inch to 27.5 inches

Last edited by a moderator:
I lowered mine 1" after figuring out the reason my cv half shafts kept degrading into causing vibration from hard acceleration was because the cv angle was too high for the joint to handle the torque.

14K miles later and the 5th and hopefully final set of cv half shafts are still doing great.

I lowered mine with 3d printed PETG. Cost about a buck in material.

i-RTRtQHC-X3.jpg

i-974ptFg-X3.jpg

I lowered mine 1" after figuring out the reason my cv half shafts kept degrading into causing vibration from hard acceleration was because the cv angle was too high for the joint to handle the torque.
So without the mods and suspension set to 'Very High' or 'High' and accelerating hard is a bad move? Mine has been lowered too so my 'Very High' isn't super high anyway. With mine set to 'Very Low' it looks like a race car, totally useless to drive in that setting but looks amazing when parked.

So without the mods and suspension set to 'Very High' or 'High' and accelerating hard is a bad move? Mine has been lowered too so my 'Very High' isn't super high anyway. With mine set to 'Very Low' it looks like a race car, totally useless to drive in that setting but looks amazing when parked.

Yes and the higher you raise the suspension, the worse the vibration is if you have this issue. Some who had it mildly discovered that at the lowest setting it disappeared. I may very well be in the camp now as I won't even try accelerating hard unless I'm on the lowest setting which is now 1" lower than it used to be.

Reactions: P100D_Me

Funny, I get this vibration on hard accel with my custom machined arms for camber adjustment. The car is straight as a rail and level too, but when i hit it, i get some minor jiggle from the rear... nothing wrong with my CVs though (or ever)

Funny, I get this vibration on hard accel with my custom machined arms for camber adjustment. The car is straight as a rail and level too, but when i hit it, i get some minor jiggle from the rear... nothing wrong with my CVs though (or ever)

Bummer, but not "this vibration" since yours is coming from the rear.

Front vibration when accelerating - accelerometer graphs....
P85D front motor vibration issue

and over a dozen other threads discussing this topic. If your front CV joints haven't started causing this problem yet, you're extremely lucky as most have by now.

Last edited:
The lowering brackets lowered an addition 1.5 inches

View attachment 384451
Smart Air Suspension setting at stock "LOW" 29" from ground to fender

View attachment 384452
Smart Air Suspension with lowering brackets setting at "STANDARD" 28" from ground to fender

SAS lowering bracket at "LOW" would drop the car another 1/2 inch to 27.5 inches

Very nice -- congrats! Looks more aggressive yet still very classy. Good choice on wheels / lowering.

Any more pics ?

What size wheels / tires ?