Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Behold HW3 ( First pics ) !!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where is the rolling eye emoji????

Emilia-Clarke-Eye-Roll.gif

Gah !!!!! It takes like 30 seconds to remove that side panel and take a picture... Just hold your pee for a little longer ;)

We can get deeper / better pictures later...
I'll mention that tonight. Unfortunately. I'm not the one who is in charge of removing the panel. If it was up to me, I would've taken a picture last night!

Any feedback yet on how AP3 compares to AP2.5/2.0?
It seems to perform the same as our AP2 and AP2.5 cars so far. Elon said there won't be any difference for a while and I believe that will be the case. When we got the first AP2 car, it was actually way worse than the AP1 car since they didn't have any of the EAP software out. It gradually got better month after month in 2017 but it took a while for it to surpass AP1. We never really saw any difference between AP2 and AP2.5 when driving. The only difference so far is the lack of dash cam and lack of sentry mode on AP2.

We did take a few things apart and confirmed AP3 hardware with ECU 3.0, P/N: 1655000-70-F.

Pictures and video coming soon...but not terribly exciting since we didn't remove the AP3 hardware from the car.

• Informative
Reactions: croman and VikH
Here's a video showing a Model X with AP3 hardware installed. The AP3 hardware was not removed from the car so you can only see the bottom and sides and can't see the goodies on the circuit board.

You can see the label which clearly shows the part number for the Autopilot 3 ECU: 1655000-70-F. You can also see some of the ports and connected cables. We might be able to get a better look later.

2019-04-05.png

upload_2019-4-5_8-47-10.png