Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Benefits to Delayed Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is a thread for those of us who had June EDDs that have been pushed to Q3 or beyond to speculate on what (if any) improvements might be made to the cars that we will benefit from by getting later delivery. Hopefully something to make us feel good as we miss out on cars this time round

I don't think we're going to see the return of radar to the cars. I don't see the larger castings from Berlin being added to MIC cars (I don't think they have the capabilities outside of Berlin yet). So what small improvements might we see?

23 plates (after Nov). That'll probably be it in reality 😂
I really hope it's more like September than November!
I'd love a HUD with telemetry info on though. Imagine that 😎

Is there a set time of years that Telsa make amendments to cars or is it completely unpredictable?
Do they offer a HUD in any car? It seems like quite a missing feature for such a tech driven company

After September we'll start to see 72 plates.

Agree parcel shelf would be nice.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-05-31 104353.png
    Screenshot 2022-05-31 104353.png
    43.3 KB · Views: 76
Do they offer a HUD in any car? It seems like quite a missing feature for such a tech driven company
Elon's thoughts were ...

“We discussed a HUD [for Model 3]. I’ve tried various HUDs and I find them pretty annoying. We felt that [Model 3] would increasingly go towards self-driving, and then you wouldn’t really care about having [information] on the windscreen. So, as things are approaching autonomy, why project things that you don’t care about on the [windscreen]?" Musk said.

Elon's thoughts were ...

“We discussed a HUD [for Model 3]. I’ve tried various HUDs and I find them pretty annoying. We felt that [Model 3] would increasingly go towards self-driving, and then you wouldn’t really care about having [information] on the windscreen. So, as things are approaching autonomy, why project things that you don’t care about on the [windscreen]?" Musk said.
sigh

Reactions: ACarneiro
Elon's thoughts were ...

🤡

Maybe one day he’ll be gone and they can do things properly instead of only doing things based on what he’s thinking on a particular day

Berlin are getting parcel shelf and covered plastic on the rear door entry to prevent the seatbelt clip rattling, on the Y. So delayed delivery might see these. Only only other thing is rumoured new colour choices from Berlin. But I guess these would be reflected in the configurator for new orders.

What about this rumour that there could be a rear screen for passengers to control climate and play games, like the S/X. A connection for it was found recently on the Ryzen Infotainment computer. It would be absolutely no value to me as the driver.

Reactions: 808litt
Maybe wait until you've got the car before wishing to change it. After about the first 30 mins I've seen no point in having 'standard location dials' over the past 2.5 years.
I have test driven one for about 40 minutes. I can live without the standard dials. But I have no desire for a screen in the back for my kids to mess with/fight over. So if there is going to be an additional screen I can see the benefit of moving my eyes off the road less