Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bent Rim / Busted tired club. Add me to the list

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
:mad::mad::mad:

Going ~25mph in a construction zone and hit a part of the street they had cut out but back-filled with gravel temporarily. Hit the edge of the cut pretty hard.

1 tire bubbled sidewall, still held pressure.
1 tire gashed sidewall, instant loss of pressure.
11680944508899007627.jpg

Both rims had slight cosmetic bends to the outer lip. They still held pressure but knowing me once I saw the damage I couldn't un-see it.

Rim 1
66540818585316967152.jpg

Rim 2
65136678242667725965.jpg

If I had known the rims were bent I would have probably just upgraded to 19" forged wheels for my P3D+. However I didn't find out about the wobble until the replacement tires were getting mounted (Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ Ultra High Performance All-Seasons).

Right now the wheels are getting fixed and minus whale get them powder coated a dark metallic gray / gunmetal. ~$125 a rim, not too bad I suppose.

Pics to follow once I get the wheels back. We're also filing a tort claim against the city to see if we can get some $ back but I highly doubt it. Unfortunately dashcam vid had been overwritten by the time I got to the USB drive and the wife hadn't saved the moment :(

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
:mad::mad::mad:

Going ~25mph in a construction zone and hit a part of the street they had cut out but back-filled with gravel temporarily. Hit the edge of the cut pretty hard.

1 tire bubbled sidewall, still held pressure.
1 tire gashed sidewall, instant loss of pressure.

Right now the wheels are getting fixed and minus whale get them powder coated a dark metallic gray / gunmetal. ~$125 a rim, not too bad I suppose.

Pics to follow once I get the wheels back. We're also filing a tort claim against the city to see if we can get some $ back but I highly doubt it. Unfortunately dashcam vid had been overwritten by the time I got to the USB drive and the wife hadn't saved the moment :(

I feel your pain. My city has, I believe, never been successfully sued for tire/rim damage, because the city's written standard of roadworthiness is gross enough to allow 2" tire-killing lips on potholes and construction cuts.:( And we have many potholes in the spring after the many winter freeze/thaw temperature cycles.

BTW: is "minus whale" a southern language peculiarity?

Thanks, I forgot to include the details, lol.

Place was called Wheel Fixer. The base is Toyota Gray Metallic, topped with a gloss powder coat. I can get the paint code if anyone wants it.

They corrected the bends, repainted them, mounted and balanced for $125 per rim.
Thanks, I forgot to include the details, lol.

Place was called Wheel Fixer. The base is Toyota Gray Metallic, topped with a gloss powder coat. I can get the paint code if anyone wants it.

They corrected the bends, repainted them, mounted and balanced for $125 per rim.

Im interested in the paint code. Looks Stellar!

Ski