Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Berkeley Service Center?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
WOW! Berkeley just passed an ordinance last night that prevents RVs from parking on the streets overnight. The streets around the Berkeley SvC are completely full of RVs.

Perhaps off topic, but it does have an impact on Tesla customers:

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_796c.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_7995.jpg

Wonder if this is Tesla muscle in local politics. I was going to walk around the Service Center the other night looking for the best Service WiFi and I punked out, made nervous by the homeless RVers out socializing on the sidewalk there.

I just had a "Tesla Ranger" appt. this AM and I was asking him how he felt about all the homeless around their facility also in Berkeley. He said it was nothing compared to the Homeless Encampments in Portland where he used to live.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_7992.jpg

Guess it doesn't matter anymore. Tonight is going to be an Interesting night to be in a community NEAR Berkeley, the Home Depot in Oakland is probably going to be overrun. Wonder how many of those RVs don't even move anymore. And how long it will take to clean up all the trash left behind.

-Randy

Truth be told, no comparison to the hideousness of hundreds of cardboard dwellings and tents. And RVs can have toilets and showers, which is not insignificant. Not sure WHERE these people are supposed to go. Nobody wants them right in their back yard, I don't either. But WHERE, then?

Reactions: AtAge19
Just wanted to chime in - i got two flat tires (both left side) after exciting the 7th street exit off of 880 and hit a HUGE pothole on the frontage road. I got towed to the Berkeley service center on a Saturday about 20 minutes before close. They were SUPER helpful despite me being there late, were able to get me some loaner wheels/tires so I could drive home. I found them much more helpful than the Dublin service center.