Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Aggressive Wheel Offsets?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess its quite aggressive up front
21x11 et23 285/30r21

DSC00286.jpg

Is there a way to figure out if the tire will protect the rim with these calculators or do you have to base it off of wwhat other people have attempted? Thinking about downgrading to 19x9.5 with maybe +35 offset for my MYP.

This question came up in TE37 Thread: Pictures Model Y performance on TE37

I don't consider my setup too aggressive, to answer your question of wheel protection.

My Volk TE37 Utlra M 19x9.5 +28 on Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 275/40/19's have excess tire protecting the rim. you can see the lip of the tire extends a bit.

EOS R5_1450.png

1705447046544.png

You can also look at aftermarket solutions such as Rimblade as additional insurance: Rimblades' Favourite Aftermarket Alloy Wheels

This question came up in TE37 Thread: Pictures Model Y performance on TE37

I don't consider my setup too aggressive, to answer your question of wheel protection.

My Volk TE37 Utlra M 19x9.5 +28 on Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 275/40/19's have excess tire protecting the rim. you can see the lip of the tire extends a bit.

EOS R5_1450.png

View attachment 1009553

You can also look at aftermarket solutions such as Rimblade as additional insurance: Rimblades' Favourite Aftermarket Alloy Wheels
Oh man, this looks soooo good! Thanks!

• Love
Reactions: hyp36rmax
Our client Carlo at last got dialed in with his new BC Forged MLE81 setup. Utilizing factory diameters and widths, this allowed Carlo to simply swap over his Model Y Performance's factory tires and TPMS sensors, and he's back on the road looking this good!

IMG_3872.jpg
IMG_3868.jpg

Specs were specifically tailored for OEM+ fitment on lowered ride height.
Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 5.25.22 AM.png

0215-28.jpg

IMG_3863.jpg
IMG_3864.jpg
IMG_3869.jpg
IMG_3871.jpg

BC Forged wheels are bespoke built to order by nature. Please don't hesitate to reach out to consult for the perfect spec wheels for your Tesla.
---
MODEL+ is an authorized BC Forged Dealer. Exclusively offering and supporting authentic BC Forged wheels and accessories.
Shipping Worldwide 🌎

Feel free to leave us message here if you have any questions!
TMC member discounts and special bundled deals are available!

Regards,
Danny - [email protected]

I feel many people do this especially on winter setups just because they are not informed of how wheel widths effect offset
Width only has affect on offset when it interferes with the goal of filling up the wheel well while not banging into anything. Otherwise they are completley independent qualities!

Now in the case of a winterized vehicle "filling up the wheel well" is positively counterproductive if you are wanting to fit chains.

The goal of winterizing is getting up and down the mountain etc with minimal drama. For that you need tyres. The stock size tyres are not available in Real McCoy All Terrain.

So you go for rims that will fit something you can get. Rims that will go over the brakes with tyres under the chains and not eat the guards, and you call it GOOD. Especially while passing Audis phaffing with their snow socks that they are going to wreck in two days but that's their only option on their 21's with rubber bands.