Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Aggressive Wheel Offsets?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm picking up my MYP soon. I'm looking at 20x10 +40mm with 275/40/20 front and 295/40/20 rear. I'm doing 20x10 so I can go square down the road if I want to.

1. Will there be any rim protection in the front?
2. Is the rear going to rub?

Any input is appreciated.
TIA

I'm picking up my MYP soon. I'm looking at 20x10 +40mm with 275/40/20 front and 295/40/20 rear. I'm doing 20x10 so I can go square down the road if I want to.

1. Will there be any rim protection in the front?
2. Is the rear going to rub?

Any input is appreciated.
TIA
I recommend 275/40/20 on 20x10 +40 square. 295 sits a little too bubbly on a 10" wide wheel.
You will not experience any rubbing.

Danny

I want to triple check with you guys. Have a set of wheels 20x10.5 et45.

Thinking of putting 275/40/20 front & 295/40/20 rear.

That should be fine for the front suspension right?

I’ll be lowering it with coilovers after just to tidy things up.

I'm considering some Forgestars.
Anybody know the difference betwen 20x9 ET35 vs 20x9.5 ET29?
Looking to go square on a MYP on some 275/40/20 tires.
Any major differences between the two?Which would have less poke?

Someone may have run this to say for sure, but I'd say no issues at all with tire size and width but that much positive offset will put you very close to rubbing the front knuckle, or rubbing, even with the bit of stretch. But, it may work if you arent super low and your camber is good. Rears will be fine imo.

Screenshot_20240114_101323_Chrome.jpg

Here is my old setup with Advan RSD 20x10 et30 275/40/20 (orange) front and your new front setup (green). See how close to the upper knuckle it is.

If it were me, I'd get some 5mm slip spacers (fr and back) and test mount one front wheel/tire without and with the spacer to confirm. Good luck.

Post pics!

Someone may have run this to say for sure, but I'd say no issues at all with tire size and width but that much positive offset will put you very close to rubbing the front knuckle, or rubbing, even with the bit of stretch. But, it may work if you arent super low and your camber is good. Rears will be fine imo.

View attachment 1008786

Here is my old setup with Advan RSD 20x10 et30 275/40/20 (orange) front and your new front setup (green). See how close to the upper knuckle it is.

If it were me, I'd get some 5mm slip spacers (fr and back) and test mount one front wheel/tire without and with the spacer to confirm. Good luck.

Post pics!
Yeah I dry tested without tires and I wanted to see how close. Definitely need a bit more wiggle room.

I really liked the wheels but they only come in 10.5 with that offset.

I think I may for sure need a 5mm spacer.

Attachments

• IMG_7692.jpeg
    IMG_7692.jpeg
    464.2 KB · Views: 37
Is there a way to figure out if the tire will protect the rim with these calculators or do you have to base it off of wwhat other people have attempted? Thinking about downgrading to 19x9.5 with maybe +35 offset for my MYP.

Yes, the calculator is pretty accurate imo, but should definitely Google the tire and wheel size a bit to make sure you end up with what you want. 275 40 19 (or 45, more sidewall) would be good and some protection.

Is there a way to figure out if the tire will protect the rim with these calculators or do you have to base it off of wwhat other people have attempted? Thinking about downgrading to 19x9.5 with maybe +35 offset for my MYP.
on a 9.5" wide wheel, 275 will give you the best rim protection before section width is considered too wide.

-Danny

Reactions: hyp36rmax