Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best all around tires? 19 and 20"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I am sure that most posters here will come into this thread to say why a dedicated summer setup and winter setup is the only way. With the Golf R I just left I loved my combo of PS4s in Summer and A/S 3+ for winter, Im in the DC Metro area so while we get some cold weather and occasional snow, some years we have no appreciable snow at all.

Im torn between 19 and 20" for my MYP and getting rid of the Uberturbines.

I did search to see if there was a similar thread but didnt see one.

What would be the best all around tire to use for the compromise? In looking at what Costco has Im considering the A/S 3+ or the Pilot Sport AS4... what else is worth considering?

These tires might see a track day or two, but I doubt it.

I’m in a similar situation. Also in the DC metro, with MYP looking to step down to 19 and reuse my old wheels.
I ran the Michelin AS 3+ on 19” tsportline TSS on my LR M3 previously, it was a great performing tire but harsher and def much noisier than factory. Wasn’t sure if it was the combination of those wheels/tires. I’m thinking of going with the UHP all season Conti DWS 06 on the MYP with the 19” tss. Had the conti’s on a B8 S4 some years back and I remember they were much better balanced in comfort/grip/life.

From reading a few threads here, the Vredestein Quatrac Pro's sound like a good possibility (more comfortable ride) when I replace my all-seasons.

Could have been my post. I just put a set of these on 19s stepping down from the stock Uber/P Zero setup for the winter. So far I like them a lot although I haven’t driven in snow yet. They’re quieter despite the winter siping, more comfortable (less stiff), they handle quite well, and they have a severe snow rating (I’m in the northeast and wife commutes with it, so needed). I’ve been using Conti and Michelin all-seasons forever, and both are great, but none had the snowflake seal or decent snow performance. When I did a dedicated winter/wheel setup I went with Dunlop low profile tires that were great in snow but sucked at everything else. The Vredestein specs look tight and so far so good, and at this point only the snow will tell.

I’m in a similar situation. Also in the DC metro, with MYP looking to step down to 19 and reuse my old wheels.
I ran the Michelin AS 3+ on 19” tsportline TSS on my LR M3 previously, it was a great performing tire but harsher and def much noisier than factory. Wasn’t sure if it was the combination of those wheels/tires. I’m thinking of going with the UHP all season Conti DWS 06 on the MYP with the 19” tss. Had the conti’s on a B8 S4 some years back and I remember they were much better balanced in comfort/grip/life.
I had the DWS 06 on my 540 msport and my infinity Q50s. I love that tire!!!!! Thinking about putting on the MY on the TSportline Uber turbine 20s.