Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best All Weather floor mats for MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another thumbs up over here for the Tuxmat. I feel they really complete the look of the car. Cannot comment on removing them to clean as I have yet to see the snow with them but I don’t think they would be too hard to yank out as the hard part is getting the clips on to start and the Velcro makes it easy to remove.

First time owning tuxmats. I have tried them the imported ones on Amazon, OEM and weather tech.

Initial impressions:
They look and feel great
Love the coverage up the sides
They provide clips and Velcro to help keep it all down and right around the corners

Time will tell on durability etc but great first impressions!

After living in the northeast most of my life, I have recently moved to Georgia (where it rarely snows). I am leaning towards the OEM Tesla All-Weather mats but would I even need all-weather mats? Should I just get the Rugged Textile Mats? I have 2 kids.

I'm trying several "maxpider" clones now, including maxpider. Trying to find the perfect mat, that is maxpider without the logo. First tried LDCRS but am disappointed. Actually...the 2nd row mat is nicer than the 2021 maxpider version, but the driver/passenger are quite a bit worse. The LDCRS don't have rigid sides (they don't hold their shape well), which causes bowing of the floors (think "my foot can push down on the middle of the mat and will come back up when I move my foot"), vs the maxpider.

I also tried V tech design, but it was the EXACT same LDCRS mats.

People need to remember that all of these companies use the same factories in china and the factory just slaps a different label on the box.

Tomorrow, Taptes versions show up. which seem exactly like the tesla shields version, though I haven't been able to order the tesla shields version yet. Will update later.

Basenor seems like a good option but the maxpider clone of theirs doesn't look like its specifically made for 2021+ versions (old ones still technically fit but not great). They have this one -> Amazon.com but its a weathertech type clone.

Reactions: sport1000
I'm trying several "maxpider" clones now, including maxpider. Trying to find the perfect mat, that is maxpider without the logo. First tried LDCRS but am disappointed. Actually...the 2nd row mat is nicer than the 2021 maxpider version, but the driver/passenger are quite a bit worse. The LDCRS don't have rigid sides (they don't hold their shape well), which causes bowing of the floors (think "my foot can push down on the middle of the mat and will come back up when I move my foot"), vs the maxpider.

People need to remember that all of these companies use the same factories in china and the factory just slaps a different label on the box.

Tomorrow, Taptes versions show up. which seem exactly like the tesla shields version, though I haven't been able to order the tesla shields version yet. Will update later.

Basenor seems like a good option but the maxpider clone of theirs doesn't look like its specifically made for 2021+ versions (old ones still technically fit but not great). They have this one -> Amazon.com but its a weathertech type clone.
We value any and all feedback, good or bad. Thank you for posting this as it helps us to improve our products in comparison to others. After all, that is the great thing about competition, right? :) Many companies on Amazon operate in a business model as you mentioned, but where we do our best to differentiate ourselves is by our customer service and support. We have a valuable resource by being able to utilize TMC to engage with our customers for feedback and support. At the end of the day we know we won't be able to please 100% of our customers, and thats okay. We will always do our best to make it right and use it as a learning experience to know what we need to do better. If you are not 100% satisfied feel free to DM us your order number and we can get you taken care of.

Regards,
Ian | LDCRS

We value any and all feedback, good or bad. Thank you for posting this as it helps us to improve our products in comparison to others. After all, that is the great thing about competition, right? :) Many companies on Amazon operate in a business model as you mentioned, but where we do our best to differentiate ourselves is by our customer service and support. We have a valuable resource by being able to utilize TMC to engage with our customers for feedback and support. At the end of the day we know we won't be able to please 100% of our customers, and thats okay. We will always do our best to make it right and use it as a learning experience to know what we need to do better. If you are not 100% satisfied feel free to DM us your order number and we can get you taken care of.

Regards,
Ian | LDCRS

Thanks for that...I'll DM you.

So basically, yeah, in the current from, the 2nd row actually works pretty well, b/c the corners around the seat posts are actually well formed (they don't really move when you take the mats out). The rear most edge isn't too bad, so when you step on the 2nd row, the middle doesn't really move since there isn't a bow.

The front passenger/driver seats...the edges essentially need to push against the sides to get there shape. Since both sides "push" inward, a bow forms in the center of the mat, creating a "bubble", so it doesn't really lay flat. You can see pictures here ->

However, I'm not sure how much sway you have with the factories to change manufacturing?

Thanks for that...I'll DM you.

So basically, yeah, in the current from, the 2nd row actually works pretty well, b/c the corners around the seat posts are actually well formed (they don't really move when you take the mats out). The rear most edge isn't too bad, so when you step on the 2nd row, the middle doesn't really move since there isn't a bow.

The front passenger/driver seats...the edges essentially need to push against the sides to get there shape. Since both sides "push" inward, a bow forms in the center of the mat, creating a "bubble", so it doesn't really lay flat. You can see pictures here ->

However, I'm not sure how much sway you have with the factories to change manufacturing?
Got it and replied.

We will take this feedback back to the team to see what improvements we can make in the future. It's absolutely something we can work with our manufacturer on by adjusting the mold, specs, materials etc.. We work hand in hand with ours in order to make the recent and/or ongoing changes with the future models.

Thanks,
Ian | LDCRS

Throwing an alternate option on here but I really like my Autailors.

They are dark greyish in person and hide dirt really well. They don't appear dusty/grimey like black mats after a few days.

The one caveat is they don't have a lip (the edges are raise though to hold fluids) as the other options so I'd probably skip it if you get a lot of snow. Otherwise for mud/dirt/rain they are sufficient.

In regards to your comment on the Basenor mats. My model Y is an Aug of 2021 build and the mats fit perfectly.

I ordered the Tesla all weather mats. Then started to look at reviews here and on youtube. I don't really like any of them. I have a Lexus with rubber mats that are awesome. All the ones made from this plastic stuff look like crap. They really detract from the aesthetic. I'm in GA and don't really need all weather since we rarely get snow. But I love the Lexus mats and was hoping to replicate. I'll probably just stick with the OEM carpet mats and replace when/if necessary. The only problem with them is the carpet is a bit harder to vacuum/clean. If I get around to it I'll post a photo of the Lexus ones to see if anyone has a suggestion about a similar product.

My girlfriend bought me the Tesla Weathertech mats as a "new car" gift, so I guess I'm sticking with them!

They aren't too bad, but they don't feel very luxury either. They do fit nice though.

I ordered the Tesla all weather mats. Then started to look at reviews here and on youtube. I don't really like any of them. I have a Lexus with rubber mats that are awesome. All the ones made from this plastic stuff look like crap. They really detract from the aesthetic. I'm in GA and don't really need all weather since we rarely get snow. But I love the Lexus mats and was hoping to replicate. I'll probably just stick with the OEM carpet mats and replace when/if necessary. The only problem with them is the carpet is a bit harder to vacuum/clean. If I get around to it I'll post a photo of the Lexus ones to see if anyone has a suggestion about a similar product.
I think the Tesla All-Weather Mats are more rubber than the Tesla/Weathertech All-Weather liners. I just got both today and even though I live in a snow climate like the Tesla All-Weather Mats better, as they are more of a rubber feel.

I wish there was an All-Weather rubber mat that covered more though. The liners just feel and look cheap. Guessing the Teslamania are similar look and feel to the liners? Are 3D more of a liner feel too?

Bump...

Lots of snow here and I've been waiting on Tesla brand mats to come back in stock. Should I cave and get the Tesmanian? I'm thinking I want the 2nd row seatback protectors anyway. The look of the Tux mats makes me claustrophobic.

The Tesla mats (left) and the Tesmanian mats (right) don't really look that different. The Tesmanian mats have higher coverage on the driver's dead pedal and the area in front of the passenger's feet. The Tesmanian mats appear to me to have a taller lip on the bottom of both front mats and all around the perimeter of the rear passenger area. That higher lip is more likely to keep melted snow contained. Lastly, the Tesmanian 3 mat set is $75 less.

The only thing the Tesmanian mats lack is the word 'Tesla' embossed in the mat.

mats.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Anser