Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best interest rate via Tesla financing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone explain the direct deposit discount? Do I have to set up now before applying for the auto loan? Not sure if I'm going with DCU or Tesla match yet if I get a good rate
You do not need to set it up now. However, if you don’t set it up now, then you will have to talk to a rep to tell them you plan to set it up and they will give you the 0.5% reduction and a 90 day grace period to set it up. If not setup in 90 days then your rate increases by the 0.5%.

I’m happy to give out DCU referrals. Just send me a private message with your first name, last name, and email. Then I can generate your personal code. Thanks!

Reactions: Noflash
You DO NOT need a referral to go to DCU. It provides you with a discount of 20 bucks or something like that. You can apply directly with DCU and will only be qualified based on credit score and your contribution into the non profit. Just an FYI
Correct. DCU does require a $10 donation if you are not already a member of one of their organizations. With the referral you will get $20 back and the person who generates the code also gets $10. This way it cancels out the donation cost. I know we're only talking a few bucks, but hey, why not.

Correct. DCU does require a $10 donation if you are not already a member of one of their organizations. With the referral you will get $20 back and the person who generates the code also gets $10. This way it cancels out the donation cost. I know we're only talking a few bucks, but hey, why not.
It's interesting how I didn't use any referrals or became of member of one of their organizations, but yet was able to open up an account online and apply for the car loan. I was quoted the 1.24% for 65 months, with Direct Deposit or without, 1.74% for 65 months. I am expecting the DocuSign agreement by this afternoon. I called them this morning, and they said that if I could sign the documents by 4 pm, a check will be sent and I can get it by tomorrow.

Reactions: tsam23
It's interesting how I didn't use any referrals or became of member of one of their organizations, but yet was able to open up an account online and apply for the car loan. I was quoted the 1.24% for 65 months, with Direct Deposit or without, 1.74% for 65 months. I am expecting the DocuSign agreement by this afternoon. I called them this morning, and they said that if I could sign the documents by 4 pm, a check will be sent and I can get it by tomorrow.
That's awesome. I didn't know you could get the direct deposit discount without having an account with them. I assume it would still have the same 90-day grace period, but surprised they are giving you the DocuSign without even opening a checking account. I've heard some rumblings that they are making it tougher to get the DocuSign since they might be catching wind that it's just being used for Rate Matching.

I didn't want to take a chance on not getting paperwork showing the 1.24%, so I opened an account. And now leaving it open for the 6.17% APY on $1,000.

Same here. Expecting a docusign document today for Tesla rate match. But they are slammed and will proceed in first come basis. Let me know when you get yours

Status
Not open for further replies.