Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best interest rate via Tesla financing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone making progress on getting their auto loan through DCU? I applied for membership and an auto loan. I got my membership set up but it's been a few days and I've heard nothing on the auto loan. I still don't have a password to set up my account so I have no visibility into the auto loan status. Calling wait times are over an hour and I e-mailed them yesterday and haven't heard back. I'm guessing they are kept busy with their auto loan rates, but this service is horrendous and makes me wonder if the loan is worth it.
This has been my experience as well. Not impressed.

I signed up to DCU a few day’s ago. Can someone tell me how to set up direct deposit? I don’t see where I can find the routing number anywhere. The interface is atrocious. I was considering keeping the account and possibly sticking with DCU and the loan but $60 in interest for the savings account and a poor interface doesn’t seem worth it to me. Will probably get Tesla to match.
You can call their customer service (long holds) and get the routing number, checking account number and then the usual process to setup with the employer. That's how I got the routing number and checking account number, which isn't easily viewable on their website.

I signed up to DCU a few day’s ago. Can someone tell me how to set up direct deposit? I don’t see where I can find the routing number anywhere. The interface is atrocious. I was considering keeping the account and possibly sticking with DCU and the loan but $60 in interest for the savings account and a poor interface doesn’t seem worth it to me. Will probably get Tesla to match.
You can go to Account Manager -> Account Information and it will show you the routing & account numbers.

1627747889891.png

You can send me your name and email address via pm i’ll send over a referral for DCU. Same for anyone else. Please just use them as your actual,lender versus use it as leverage to get Tesla lenders to drop their rates. DCU has been very good to me and financed both our Tesla’s at amazing rates. To further clarify amazing, 1.24% on our Y financed in May 2021 and 1.49% for our used S back in December of 2016.
Can I get a referral code for DCU sent to [email protected]? Thanks

Portland SAs have been saying they don't rate match any more. The ones at Washington Center. I purchased an inventory car today out of factory on 7/28.

I am planning to go DCU route and try to get Tesla do rate match. When I asked a SA "Dan" and my SA "Sherri" they said Tesla doesn't do rate match any more :D
They are wrong. I literally just did the DCU rate match in Portland two days ago.

Do you apply to Tesla For Financing first, get the usual rate of 2.49% and then apply to DCU to get the 1.24% rate at 65 months, then go back to Tesla and try to get a rate match at 1.24% for 72 months or just start by applying to DCU first? Also, should you wait to get the VIN first before doing all of this?

Do you apply to Tesla For Financing first, get the usual rate of 2.49% and then apply to DCU to get the 1.24% rate at 65 months, then go back to Tesla and try to get a rate match at 1.24% for 72 months or just start by applying to DCU first? Also, should you wait to get the VIN first before doing all of this?
Yes. Wait for VIN before applying for financing. You can setup your DCU account in advance to get the ball rolling if you wanted to. Make sure you download your MVPA from Tesla to make it go smoother. It disappears after you are approved for financing.

Status
Not open for further replies.