Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best interest rate via Tesla financing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone know how long it usually takes for tesla to rate match? sent the lower rate offer over to my operations advisor, who forwarded it to the rate match team yesterday afternoon. she said I should see the updated rate by today but it's still showing 2.49%. wondering how long I should wait before I bug her again lol (delivery on sunday!)
I sent my DCU approval to rate match at 8am this morning and I just heard from them at 2:30pm. My SA "pinged" them too, since the vehicle is at the service center.

Reactions: onyxbanx
Did you all have to use their direct deposit?
You just say you are going to set it up and they give you a 90 day grace period. If you stay with DCU you can just direct deposit what your loan amount is. If you don’t set it up then they increase the rate after 90 days.

Someone said that a few years ago they confirmed $500 a month meets their minimum. When I talked to a rep in June this year, I asked if $800 a month deposited would qualify for the 0.5% reduction and she told me yes.

You do not need to deposit your entire net pay. Even if it says that on their website. They have no clue what your net pay is.

Reactions: Noflash
Are you trying to rate match, or just going with the 0.99%? It looks like their best is 1.49% for 72 months right now. Are you just doing the shorter term, or going to try to match with Tesla?
Got a "Final Balance is now Ready" email today and lo and behold, there was a VIN assigned in my account (White/White/7 seat).

As mentioned by someone here, Texas Tech CU is giving 0.99% interest rate. Going with them.

If only I can find who my SA is. Need to call them to tell I am partially financing.

Also, what’s the best rate people are getting on DCU? Their website says 2.49% on 72 months, 1.49% on 65. Are people getting approval fro the 65, and then attempting to rate match with Tesla on that one? Tesla says the terms must be the same, so I’m not sure if they’d honor the 65 month for a match…

And does anyone have a code for DCU they could PM me?

Are you trying to rate match, or just going with the 0.99%? It looks like their best is 1.49% for 72 months right now. Are you just doing the shorter term, or going to try to match with Tesla?
Went with 0.99%. The 0.99% is applicable only for 48 months period though (increases to 1.24% for 60 and 1.49% for 72).

There was a one-time payment of $35 to become a Texas Tech "alumni" though.

Also, what’s the best rate people are getting on DCU? Their website says 2.49% on 72 months, 1.49% on 65. Are people getting approval fro the 65, and then attempting to rate match with Tesla on that one? Tesla says the terms must be the same, so I’m not sure if they’d honor the 65 month for a match…

I think it depends on your SA/how flexible they want to be, but mine said the terms must be the same to rate match.

Is anyone making progress on getting their auto loan through DCU? I applied for membership and an auto loan. I got my membership set up but it's been a few days and I've heard nothing on the auto loan. I still don't have a password to set up my account so I have no visibility into the auto loan status. Calling wait times are over an hour and I e-mailed them yesterday and haven't heard back. I'm guessing they are kept busy with their auto loan rates, but this service is horrendous and makes me wonder if the loan is worth it.

Reactions: Grovester

DCU is 1.24% for 65 months. I believe you forgot to reduce their promo rate by 0.25% for an energy efficient vehicle.

Tesla is rate matching the 65 months for 60 months and some people including myself for 72 months.

I sent you a PM. I need to generate a code with your contact info to make it specific for your email address that you will use with the account.

I sent my DCU approval to rate match at 8am this morning and I just heard from them at 2:30pm. My SA "pinged" them too, since the vehicle is at the service center.
Portland SAs have been saying they don't rate match any more. The ones at Washington Center. I purchased an inventory car today out of factory on 7/28.

I am planning to go DCU route and try to get Tesla do rate match. When I asked a SA "Dan" and my SA "Sherri" they said Tesla doesn't do rate match any more :D

Portland SAs have been saying they don't rate match any more. The ones at Washington Center. I purchased an inventory car today out of factory on 7/28.

I am planning to go DCU route and try to get Tesla do rate match. When I asked a SA "Dan" and my SA "Sherri" they said Tesla doesn't do rate match any more :D
There is no rate match for the Model 3 Standard Range (no longer available online?). Maybe “Dan” needs the official Tesla reference: www.tesla.com/support/rate-match-guarantee

You just say you are going to set it up and they give you a 90 day grace period. If you stay with DCU you can just direct deposit what your loan amount is. If you don’t set it up then they increase the rate after 90 days.

Someone said that a few years ago they confirmed $500 a month meets their minimum. When I talked to a rep in June this year, I asked if $800 a month deposited would qualify for the 0.5% reduction and she told me yes.

You do not need to deposit your entire net pay. Even if it says that on their website. They have no clue what your net pay is.
I signed up to DCU a few day’s ago. Can someone tell me how to set up direct deposit? I don’t see where I can find the routing number anywhere. The interface is atrocious. I was considering keeping the account and possibly sticking with DCU and the loan but $60 in interest for the savings account and a poor interface doesn’t seem worth it to me. Will probably get Tesla to match.

Status
Not open for further replies.