Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best interest rate via Tesla financing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been waiting for rate match to respond for a DCU 1.24 offer. I am not getting any response from them but every few hours I see down payment being increased or reduced and Confirm terms button becoming enabled again.

this has happened 3 times today. Down payment amount changed , amount due at signing changed, financed amount changed without me asking to change.
Not sure what games Tesla SA is playing

I have been waiting for rate match to respond for a DCU 1.24 offer. I am not getting any response from them but every few hours I see down payment being increased or reduced and Confirm terms button becoming enabled again.

this has happened 3 times today. Down payment amount changed , amount due at signing changed, financed amount changed without me asking to change.
Not sure what games Tesla SA is playing
Do you have a trade in? Sales tax gets adjusted (and thus your down payment). Also depends if you still owe on your trade in. The numbers begin to change once the trade in is confirmed and the loan is being finalized.

Hey all just want to add another data point here. I didn’t have a good experience with Costa Mesa and my SA so I’ve basically been trying to go at this alone. Probably been following this thread since the 40th page. One thing that I wasn’t so sure on or maybe I’m dense is that you have to apply for Tesla financing first before trying to rate match. I got my vin on an inventory order and choose cash, I did not see an option to change it later. Did the DCU thing and got approved with MVPA and then sent it straight to ratematch.

Thank you for providing your approval from DCU. This meets the requirements of the program. Please apply for a Tesla loan via your account in order to qualify for the program. Reach back out once complete so that we may review and apply the rate match.

So make sure you’ve been approved by Tesla first or you’ll have another step.

• Helpful
Reactions: PNWLeccy
Hey all just want to add another data point here. I didn’t have a good experience with Costa Mesa and my SA so I’ve basically been trying to go at this alone. Probably been following this thread since the 40th page. One thing that I wasn’t so sure on or maybe I’m dense is that you have to apply for Tesla financing first before trying to rate match. I got my vin on an inventory order and choose cash, I did not see an option to change it later. Did the DCU thing and got approved with MVPA and then sent it straight to ratematch.

Thank you for providing your approval from DCU. This meets the requirements of the program. Please apply for a Tesla loan via your account in order to qualify for the program. Reach back out once complete so that we may review and apply the rate match.

So make sure you’ve been approved by Tesla first or you’ll have another step.
Thanks for this! But is this a recent thing because everyone else who did the ratematch didn't have to apply for a Tesla loan unless I'm mistaken.

Thanks for this! But is this a recent thing because everyone else who did the ratematch didn't have to apply for a Tesla loan unless I'm mistaken.
I'm pretty sure you have to apply for a Tesla loan, they still need to run your credit. That is what I did.

Profile set as cash. When VIN arrived, asked SA to change to financing. Downloaded MVPA. Then applied for Tesla financing. Then applied with DCU. Downloaded DCU's DocuSign PDF and sent to Tesla RateMatch. Once matched, accepted Tesla terms. Once MY in garage, "Decline to Sign" DCU's DocuSign.

My understanding is that you have to

1) Order as cash
2) Apply for DCU loan once you have the MVPA
3) Once you have docusign documents from DCU switch order to Tesla Financing (30 minutes)
4) Once approved then you need to request the ratematch (24-48 hours) - Matched? Done!!

5) if they don’t match the rate you want switch it to 3rd party financing for DCU
6) Finish/complete the DCU docusign and get the check in hand (next day if done by noon or so)
7) Show up for pickup with both your check and DCU check if you didn’t finance the full amount

Reactions: tsam23

1) Order as cash
3) Once you have docusign documents from DCU switch order to Tesla Financing (30 minutes)
4) Once approved then you need to request the ratematch (24-48 hours) - Matched? Done!!

5) if they don’t match the rate you want switch it to 3rd party financing for DCU
6) Finish/complete the DCU docusign and get the check in hand (next day if done by noon or so)
7) Show up for pickup with both your check and DCU check if you didn’t finance the full amount
@hold pretty much this👆🏻

1) Order as cash

DCU added a loan to my account even though I have not return the docusign document, with a payment due date. Will this go away after I decline DCU loan?

Screenshot from 2021-08-04 22-33-40.png

Status
Not open for further replies.