Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best interest rate via Tesla financing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My understanding is that you have to

1) Order as cash
2) Apply for DCU loan once you have the MVPA
3) Once you have docusign documents from DCU switch order to Tesla Financing (30 minutes)
4) Once approved then you need to request the ratematch (24-48 hours) - Matched? Done!!

5) if they don’t match the rate you want switch it to 3rd party financing for DCU
6) Finish/complete the DCU docusign and get the check in hand (next day if done by noon or so)
7) Show up for pickup with both your check and DCU check if you didn’t finance the full amount
Do they take personal checks or cashier's check is better for non financed amount/down payment? I do not want to pay them anything before inspecting the car to accept for delivery.

Nope you need to call them and wait on hold an hour once again in order to make it go away. I recommend you do it sooner instead of later.
For me, I attempted to just reach out via email to avoid being on the phone but received an email back to call the loan department. The day I was going to call, I logged into my account and it was gone. It took approximately 5 business days after rejection and they automatically removed it.

Do they take personal checks or cashier's check is better for non financed amount/down payment? I do not want to pay them anything before inspecting the car to accept for delivery.
They will validate your routing and account numbers from a personal check and initiate an ACH. This is what I did for my delivery. I was on the same page as you, no need to pay before seeing the car.

Reactions: tsam23 and Pakola
Has anyone tried Telsa rate match in Texas with DCU for 1.24% and were able to match it? Also, will there be two hard pulls on credit if I decide to rate match? Usually for mortgage, after the first hard pull, you are given 2weeks to shop around. Isn't that the case with Auto loan?

So i just went through the DCU process, got approved for the loan. They approved me at 1.24% for 65 months and i want to take that to Tesla to match, but they won't send over the loan documents until i verbally agree to the loan, which they said would actually start the loan interest. So how did people get the term sheet without verbally agreeing to the loan?

Status
Not open for further replies.