Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Model Y video to date!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did anyone notice the Driver front wheel center cap looks like it says Tesla across the center in white or silver and the rear driver side is the same color as the wheel with maybe a Tesla log? The video does not dip down enough to get a good view.
That's the reflection of the parking line on the rear center cap. The front just has the "T" logo.

Attachments

• yyyyyy4.jpg
    yyyyyy4.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 107
  • yyyyyyyy3.jpg
    yyyyyyyy3.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 75
Yes, makes me cringe seeing how closely the Model Y is parked next to the driver's door of the Mercedes. It's not as if the lot is jam-packed; there are lots of open spaces there. At least it's not a customer's Model Y awaiting delivery/pick-up.
I felt the same way but then realized they parked as close as possible for the comparison shots. I certainly wouldn't want someone parking that close to my car!

I wouldn't be the happiest about having this guy poking and prodding and climbing on my car while it was in the parking lot. Like what I am seeing with the Model Y though. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the chrome delete... I think the chrome looks much better but, based on the amount of people that cover it up on the Model 3, I'm probably alone on that.

I wouldn't be the happiest about having this guy poking and prodding and climbing on my car while it was in the parking lot. Like what I am seeing with the Model Y though. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the chrome delete... I think the chrome looks much better but, based on the amount of people that cover it up on the Model 3, I'm probably alone on that.
It's probably a demo/manufacturer/beta vehicle so the employees won't care too much since it's not their own.

As far as chrome/no chrome, it's a generational preference. 50+ grew up with muscle cars and chrome. Younger/middle age people are most likely the ones that don't like the chrome trim.

The only thing I'm not crazy about is the chrome delete... I think the chrome looks much better but, based on the amount of people that cover it up on the Model 3, I'm probably alone on that.
As far as chrome/no chrome, it's a generational preference. 50+ grew up with muscle cars and chrome. Younger/middle age people are most likely the ones that don't like the chrome trim.
I've been dying for the opportunity to use this term in a post: "OK, boomer" :rolleyes::p

I'm a boomer and I'm mostly neutral on the subject. I don't mind the chrome-delete look, but I wouldn't go out of the way to do it after the fact if the car came with chrome. Where chrome does bother me is on the driver's side mirror mount. When the sun is at a certain angle, the light reflecting off the mount is blinding and I have to hold my hand up to shield it from my eyes. On the other hand, some of my boomer friends have enough trouble working the flush door handles and if they aren't shiny chrome, they may even have difficultly visually locating the handles on a car with a dark paint job. :eek::D

I avoided using the term in post. Not sure how many would get offended. o_O

The first thing I'll be doing after taking delivery is wrapping the center console to eliminate the piano black surfaces.
If the exterior had chrome, I would've wrapped that, too. The interior should take about 2-3 hours, so not too bad.

I wrapped the trim on my Lexus RC350 Fsport in about 4 hours (front radiator opening, door & window trim). Haven't done anything on the Audi, yet. I would've gotten the Black Optics package to black it all out, but I didn't like the wheels in that package.

Attachments

• rc350.jpg
    rc350.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 63
It's probably a demo/manufacturer/beta vehicle so the employees won't care too much since it's not their own.

I just turned 40... I prefer chrome.

That said, I HATE piano black and immediately covered that in our Model 3.