Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Smart Charger for Home

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That was going to be my favourite as I like having the charger holder in a different location to the actual charging unit. Was going to mount the holder on a post in the ground.

You can use any old holder - lots of third party solutions. Nothing says that you must plug it back into the wall connector.

RE: The gun holster, can you leave the cap on the gun (the one that comes attached to the cable)?

The cap for the type 2 plug is a dust cap that can leak water and cause the plug end to fill with water. Best way to keep water out is to keep the plug end facing down.

• Helpful
Reactions: NewbieT
Seconding the pod point - cheap and reliable. I also like that you can easily wrap the cable around it to keep things tidy.

Wish I could say the same... email (sent yesterday) said appointment for today between 11 and 4pm....confirmation link said between 8am and 12.... Mrs stayed home all day and i then took some time off work after they said the installer would be here for 3:30. Installer then called with some excuses and could do it Sunday. I said this is not good enough and thanks but no thanks. Pod point called and said could be done tomorrow instead but I just asked for a refund as a bad precedent had been set.

I didn't go with them as they where cheapest but was sold on the straight forward up front way of the procedure.

Im probably just an isolated case and to be fair ill give most accountability to the installer and not Pod point themselves.

IMG_20200827_185024.jpg
Got ours installed today by Michael from Anderson today, hassle free install, and helped setup the app.

Pity about the weather.

Reactions: MadScientist