Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best SoCal Service Center?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All of the service centers are pretty good. It's more about who your service writer is than which service center you use. Unfortunately, many of the good ones have moved on to other careers. Katie Spalliero and Carlos Marroquin at Van Nuys are both good at communicating and staying on top of things.

I've had service in many of the centers (Van Nuys, West LA, Torrance, Costa Mesa) and they're all pretty good. I haven't been to Burbank or Buena Park. But have no doubts that they'll take care of you too. It's just a function of getting things scheduled.

San Diego services my fleet. They are nice, have been great for us, but are severely overflowing with cars.

We desperately need a north county SD or south OC service center.

Personally I usually go to Costa Mesa and if they can't schedule me in a timely manner, I deal with Buena Park.

Thanks for all of the replies thus far. I haven't had terrible experience with Burbank, and I'm not one of those overly demanding customers, but the availability of appointments and some communications issues leave me wondering if that is the "norm" for a Tesla SC.

Reactions: caltechkid
San Diego services my fleet. They are nice, have been great for us, but are severely overflowing with cars.

We desperately need a north county SD or south OC service center.

Personally I usually go to Costa Mesa and if they can't schedule me in a timely manner, I deal with Buena Park.

I would agree, North County San Diego would be a great location for another service center. Lots of Tesla owners up here

I plan to bring my 2016 Model S, which has 19k miles, in for service for the very first time. I plan to bring it to the Buena Park Service Center. How far ahead should I call them in order to reserve a loaner? Since this is just a routine annual service (no problem with the car at all), can I get the car back the same day? Thanks.

I had my car serviced many times. I think a total of 10 times has it seen a service center. I was at Van Nuys, Costa Mesa, Torrance and Buena Park.

Van Nuys and especially Torrance are my favorites. Mark at Torrance is awesome. He went above and beyond to solve some difficult issues and he reached out to me a few times on his own to make sure things are working!

Van Nuys has probably the most experience. They have been around for the longest. Although at this point in time it shouldn't make a difference any more.

Reactions: msnow
Costa Mesa has been pretty awful for me. They will overbook their schedules and put you in a loaner but your car will sit there untouched for several days. When you ask about it, they don't see problems with not letting you know that up front. This has been consistently my experience there the 3 times I've gone. Now I go to Burbank and the only negative experience for me has been the person in charge of the loaners, but the rest of the staff have been attentive and slightly better than Costa Mesa.

• Informative
Reactions: David99