Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Song for Premium Audio?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wasn’t trying to be funny @Ludalicious. We get it. You’re an audiophile-supreme. I’ll just go-about my life enjoying the stereo with no apologies for having such a low bar.

as an audiophile, I honestly don’t know what the hell he’s talking about. The M3 system is pretty amazing for a car.

it doesn’t match my home system nor the fidelity of my 1k+ Sennheiser headphones but then again that would be asking for something ridiculous.

Love almost all these songs.and enjoying this thread , thanks

Ive got 4 that I use to show off the sound (sorry I don't know how to link yet...lol)

for plain old rocking out its Dream Theater "AS I Am"
for clarity and dynamic range Depeche Mode "Violator" album (Any of it)
Styx "Mr Roboto" -I know this gets some laughs, but this song was well done (except for the chorus)
And for all of the above... Dream Theaters song "Octivarium" This is a crazy good sounding song . If you have an extra 23 minutes to listen lol

Reactions: BDV300 and byeLT4
I had a 2015 Audi A3 with Bang & Olufsen sound system prior to my M3, and I feel like the A3 had cleaner mids and highs and definitely stronger bass (with zero rattles!)

Great suggestions on best song to demonstrate your premium audio. I like “Regulate” by Warren G ft Nate Dogg! Warren G Regulate

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeff Davlt
as an audiophile, I honestly don’t know what the hell he’s talking about. The M3 system is pretty amazing for a car.

it doesn’t match my home system nor the fidelity of my 1k+ Sennheiser headphones but then again that would be asking for something ridiculous.

My father has been an audiophile since the 70s (mostly McIntosh and Dynaudio) and he finds the system in the 3 to be very good. I’ve also grown up around high quality equipment and thorough enjoy the system

Back in the day I used to be a car audio enthusiast. I worked as a product rep for a car audio company who happens to be the largest speaker company in the world. I did a little judging for IASCA events.

That being said, I’d have to say that the premium audio system isn’t bad for stock. Personally I think it needs more power and a little more low end, but I’m good with it. I put my balance slightly forward to accentuate the front stage and a little to the right so it’s more balanced from my driving position.

I second someone else’s post on the live version of “Hotel California” from the Hell Freezes Over album. I love the guitar intro and the build up with percussion (deep kick drum, congas, casaba and shaker) which has great separation. Turn immersive sound to high and you’ll feel like you’re at a concert.

Last edited:
I find that the streaming version of Limelight sounds like it's remastered and is louder/sounds cleaner. To me it has more punch than the streaming version of Tom Sayer. (not that I'm complaining, Rush is my favorite band)

They are my favorite as well. I have most of not all of their albums on USB in FLAC format from either SACD rips or remastered. Witch Hunt sounds really good.

Reactions: Rothgarr
Also I feel like @Kevy Baby should weigh in.
Don't get that a-hole started...

When I am tuning a live sound system, after all the specific tools for checking balance, phasing, EQ, etc., I like to throw on 'Run-Around' by Blues Traveler. Well engineered song that allows you to focus on specific elements easily and provides a full range of sound with an excellent sound stage. I was surprised to learn a lot of pro audio guys use this song as well.

When demoing my aftermarket system, I have a specific folder with an array of different music types, but a couple of standouts include
  • 'Hotel California' from Hell Freezes over: the start with the 12-string is so bright and clear and then you get shook when the kick drum starts - always lights up people's eyes. Pretty much anything by the Eagles - they always put a lot of care into their recordings
  • Pretty much anything from Steely Dan
  • Julia Fordham is great for demoing the vocal reproduction
  • Some great pipe organ tracks from Mendelssohn Organ Sonatas Op 65 as played by Thomas Murray
  • I take it a little more contemporary with S&M by Rihanna to get some good bottom end with rich sound around it.
  • Then to really show off what the bass can do, I put on 'Sub Funk' by Db Bass Killaz. Nothing comes close (except for maybe their track '20 Inch Chromes')
Some of the albums I've been enjoying of late include the remastered 90125 (Yes), Forq, 'Luna Misteriosa' by Buscemi, and Dream Theater.

I've seen several mentions of Rush. I really like their work, but I find the recordings could be a little better. The bottom end isn't as strong as it could be and it is just not as rich and full as it could be.

• Love
Reactions: Saturday