Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Spare Tire - I Have a few Questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took out the tub liner and the floor fits flat. I can always put it back to normal. Feels good to have the spare with me as I do a lot of country trips here in Australia. I did add another tie down on the right-hand side so the spare will not move around.

Attachments

• Model Y Boot.jpeg
    Model Y Boot.jpeg
    170.2 KB · Views: 40
  • Model Y spare 1.jpeg
    Model Y spare 1.jpeg
    220.2 KB · Views: 18
Today I rearranged the setup. 

All the tire repair equipment is under the wheel like, compressor, pucks, jack repair kit. I placed tie down straps in through the original cast holes. I just completed a 700 Km Day trip no rattles squeaks etc and still had a full boot / sorry trunk space.

under floor.png

Attachments

• Spare 01.png
    Spare 01.png
    5.6 MB · Views: 15
  • Spare 02.png
    Spare 02.png
    4.7 MB · Views: 17
  • Spare 04.png
    Spare 04.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 17
  • Spare 05.png
    Spare 05.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 18
  • Informative
Reactions: Dennisis
jacko306: I have my Vredestein SpaceMaster spare in the tub, vertical, leaning front/back, but it isn't secured.

Could you post a photo of the rearmost strap mounting point, which I see appears symmetrically on both sides? I'd rather not remove the tub, if there were a way to cut an access hole and thread a strap through the mounting hole.

I hope this makes sense...

jacko306: I have my Vredestein SpaceMaster spare in the tub, vertical, leaning front/back, but it isn't secured.

Could you post a photo of the rearmost strap mounting point, which I see appears symmetrically on both sides? I'd rather not remove the tub, if there were a way to cut an access hole and thread a strap through the mounting hole.

I hope this makes sense...

On each side of the casting there are holes. I just threaded the tie downs thru them. I was never happy just having the spare in the trunk if you have an accident, I think it would move around the cabin a lot.

If I get some time next weekend I could shoot a quick video. It only took about 20 mins to do the whole thing.

Attachments

• Tie downs.png
    Tie downs.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 18
On each side of the casting there are holes. I just threaded the tie downs thru them. I was never happy just having the spare in the trunk if you have an accident, I think it would move around the cabin a lot.

If I get some time next weekend I could shoot a quick video. It only took about 20 mins to do the whole thing.
It would be great if you could post a video! I would love to do the same!!! Thanks in advance!