Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Use for Frunk?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
giphy.gif

Just FYI, the frunk is not secure (I think everybody knows why so I won't post the details here)

Please share with us why the frunk is not secure. I thought that between the trunk and the frunk, the frunk was more secure because if someone wants to get into the trunk, all they have to do is smash the small rear side windows and pull on the seat release, lowering the rear seats and opening access to the trunk.

Please share with us why the frunk is not secure. I thought that between the trunk and the frunk, the frunk was more secure because if someone wants to get into the trunk, all they have to do is smash the small rear side windows and pull on the seat release, lowering the rear seats and opening access to the trunk.

The frunk can be opened by anybody in about 5 seconds with nothing more than a 9 volt battery. Much easier than having to break a window as it doesn’t damage the car at all.

I store extra empty shopping bags in my frunk. Problem is I frequently go into the store and forget to take any in with me (Our area of California legislated no free grocery/shopping bags any more in case others around the country are wondering why store them). But will bring the shopping cart out (when they let you, not all carts can leave the stores) and pop the frunk and grab the bags to load them up with my purchases and those go in my car. Otherwise either buy another bag or go out to the car to retrieve them.