Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best waterless wash and care products??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone.

I just got my MS. It is pearl white. Over the next month, I will be getting Opti-Coat pro plus and Xpel Ultimate series front clip clear bra. I am looking for recommendations on the best brand of waterless wash products to do a weekly rub down of my MS to keep it nice and shiny without messing up the coating. Also any recommendations on products for the rims to clean.

So far, I have looked at AERO Shine and Finale as well as Optimum products waterless wash. Griots Garage also seems to have some products, but some opinions are always good before spending the money.

Thanks in Advance

Adam Birozy

We've been taking our car to Eco Green Auto Clean car wash in Redwood City and been very happy with it when they are done. We have Xpel Ultimate on our car too and it just shines beautifully afterward and gets us compliments on the car. Had some neighbors smile and wave flagging us down today to say the car looked great (it's a great car of course but freshly washed it does look even better). Eco Green uses their own products which they sell online. Some very expensive driving machines get washed at their car wash and they have a loyal following. Here's their website for the products: https://www.ecogreenautoclean.com

If anyone in the SF Bay area is interested in their car wash, here's their Facebook page: Eco Green Auto Clean

• Helpful
Reactions: Joelc
Hello everyone.

I just got my MS. It is pearl white. Over the next month, I will be getting Opti-Coat pro plus and Xpel Ultimate series front clip clear bra. I am looking for recommendations on the best brand of waterless wash products to do a weekly rub down of my MS to keep it nice and shiny without messing up the coating. Also any recommendations on products for the rims to clean.

So far, I have looked at AERO Shine and Finale as well as Optimum products waterless wash. Griots Garage also seems to have some products, but some opinions are always good before spending the money.

Thanks in Advance

Adam Birozy

It is a little-known fact that pretty much all waterless car wash is manufactured by only one or two manufacturers but then repackaged by many different brand names. What really is important is the quality of microfiber towels you use, and their care. If you want a reasonable deal (bought in bulk and repackaged by a Tesla Owner) -- Or a kit made by a Tesla Owner specifically to carry in your Frunk -- go to TeslaChick.net and check out their story and their products:

Best Car Wash For Tesla - TeslaChick "Water-Optional" Wash

Reactions: OP Dann
It is a little-known fact that pretty much all waterless car wash is manufactured by only one or two manufacturers but then repackaged by many different brand names. What really is important is the quality of microfiber towels you use, and their care. If you want a reasonable deal (bought in bulk and repackaged by a Tesla Owner) -- Or a kit made by a Tesla Owner specifically to carry in your Frunk -- go to TeslaChick.net and check out their story and their products:

Best Car Wash For Tesla - TeslaChick "Water-Optional" Wash

Nope!
There's another good Product here:
WATERLESS WASH & WAX REVIEW ON TESLARATI

Congrats on the MS

Opticoat pro plus (awesome) and a bit of xpel on my car also.

Optimum No Rinse noted by others above is absolutely fantastic for the no rinse route.

As you probably know, even with Optimum you still have to use good technique to
avoid swirls.

Enjoy!

Reactions: OP Dann
Based on recommendations in this thread and elsewhere, I picked up the Chemical Guys waterless wash & wax. I like it a lot. I tried the Meguiars one that I picked up a Pepboys, but the Chemical Guys product seems to work much better. Might have been the microfiber cloths I was using, but the Meguiars left streaks and residue that was difficult to fully wipe away.

I use Premier Car Detailing Chemicals, Auto Reconditioning Products by 3D Products - specifically the "Final Touch" spray. I usually wash car on the weekend - then during the week I do a waterless detail with the Final Touch spray.

Pricing: After purchasing the first gallon - about 30+ bucks - any time you want to refill - just bring the same gallon into a physical store (if there is one near you) and the refill is only 15 bucks.

The end result is a sleek look. Very detailed. I always use a fresh/new microfiber towel per detail session. I use the ones sold at Costco. Package has over 36 towels for 16 bucks.

Check out their Youtube video for a demonstration of the "Final Touch" detailing spray. Works wonders. Leaves my car so detailed - the only issues I have now is dust after driving the car around for a day.

Last edited:
Apparently I angered the administrators of this website -- My company name is "TeslaChick . net" for those of you who want to visit my website and learn more about waterless car wash. You'll have to type it in as links are not allowed. Unfortunately, because I refuse to pay for advertising on this NON TESLA site -- this is a for profit site that is using the Tesla logo on its header AND their company name AND their color scheme and has been confusing owners for years. Now they suddenly have a new "policy" not to let people use "Tesla" in their user name. My name has always been "TeslaChick" on all my platforms -- I feel like a target of this. Furthermore, they won't allow me to go into my user id and change it---they changed it to my abusive, alcoholic ex-husband's last name. A bit upsetting to say the least. I was going to buy advertising when I had the funds for it on this site but right now this just strikes me as mean-spirited. They wanted $500 a month "membership fee" for me to be able to post informational NON-ADVERTISING articles to promote waterless car wash use (public service articles, basically). Anyway, please try waterless car wash -- from me or any of my competitors -- it's the way of the future, just as Tesla is! And if you want to understand how to use it or how to care for your microfiber towels properly, please visit my website.

TeslaChick
dot net

• Disagree
  • Informative
Reactions: Skipdd and TexasEV
Now they suddenly have a new "policy" not to let people use "Tesla" in their user name. My name has always been "TeslaChick" on all my platforms -- I feel like a target of this.
No, you aren't being targeted. Some months ago, my desired username was rejected because it had Tesla within it and I was informed of their policy then. You are lucky if they waited until now to apply it to you.