Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best way to make Sentry Videos?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Python! I really hate snakes!
I spliced the mutiple files using VLC.
Code:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLan\VLC\vlc.exe" 2019-03-22_13-05-right_repeater.mp4 2019-03-22_13-06-right_repeater.mp4 2019-03-22_13-07-right_repeater.mp4 --sout "#gather:std{access=file,dst=right_repeater.mp4}" --sout-keep

I will investigate this Python ffmpeg method. Thanks!

I am shooting for "Fullscreen video (front top center, left and right under front)" per StaticDischarge's link. My Google skills failed to find that thread.

Reactions: android04
Well that was super easy. I downloaded the tesla_dashcam.exe binary and installed it along with FFMPEG in a folder then put the videos in a subfolder. I created a restrictive account that only has write access to the folder and subfolder I created and opened a command prompt run as this restrictive user.
Worked on the first try. Thanks StaticDischarge!

I
Well that was super easy. I downloaded the tesla_dashcam.exe binary and installed it along with FFMPEG in a folder then put the videos in a subfolder. I created a restrictive account that only has write access to the folder and subfolder I created and opened a command prompt run as this restrictive user.
Worked on the first try. Thanks StaticDischarge!
ll need to give this a try next week... thx.

FYI don't splice any videos together as this expects the files from the Tesla to be untouched.

Here is the command line I used to get the video below. If the video does not show let me know. It is unlisted but should be able to view. I used the YouTube editor to crop the video afterwards.

Code:
J:\tesla\test>tesla_dashcam.exe --layout FULLSCREEN --quality HIGH --halign LEFT --valign TOP J:\tesla\test\i71\

Last edited: