Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Way to View SentryCam Videos?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone figured out a decent way to view footage from SentryCam? I know there was a guy who created an app that allowed viewing of all three cameras at once, but that app required an expensive, wireless USB drive. The other option of connecting the USB to a desktop and having to review three separate camera angles for each event is a bit ridiculous. What are people doing to make reviewing camera footage less onerous?

03226AD6-0284-47B6-A76F-FE88E78E6305.png
DITTO above. Also try SentryView from the App Store. You’ll need a thumb drive that has Bluetooth capability. With that, you can view the three screens sitting in your car.

• Informative
Reactions: ChrisH
Original post in a thread started today (or what ever day a thread is started) is post #1.

Best Way to View SentryCam Videos?

And here is the key sentence you missed.

Well, thanks but...as I said in my post "You’ll need a thumb drive that has Bluetooth capability. With that, you can view the three screens sitting in your car" referring to the "expensive, wireless USB drive." Sorry for any confusion. Yes, expensive. My bluetooth capable 128GB USB cost $86.29. That said, it works and is very convenient. When I need to delete files, I bring the drive to my Mac. I also use the Web App which is very good.

Reference: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ZCFYFAO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 although it is currently unavailable on Amazon.

• Disagree
Reactions: whataboutbob
Well, thanks but...as I said in my post "You’ll need a thumb drive that has Bluetooth capability. With that, you can view the three screens sitting in your car" referring to the "expensive, wireless USB drive." Sorry for any confusion. Yes, expensive. My bluetooth capable 128GB USB cost $86.29. That said, it works and is very convenient. When I need to delete files, I bring the drive to my Mac. I also use the Web App which is very good.

Reference: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ZCFYFAO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 although it is currently unavailable on Amazon.

I think you mean your USB is wireless, not Bluetooth.

Actually, it isn't the app that requires the expensive wireless drive, it's your iPhone. Luckily, there are three solutions to your problem.

1. Switch to Android, which lets you mount ANY USB drive. ;)
2. Wait for IOS 13, which should let your iPhone do the same.
3. Use the web version of the app on your PC so you can review all views at the same time.

TeslaCam Video WebApp Player

• Informative
Reactions: Dmagyar
Actually, it isn't the app that requires the expensive wireless drive, it's your iPhone. Luckily, there are three solutions to your problem.

1. Switch to Android, which lets you mount ANY USB drive. ;)
2. Wait for IOS 13, which should let your iPhone do the same.
3. Use the web version of the app on your PC so you can review all views at the same time.

TeslaCam Video WebApp Player

Not entirely the case ... on an iPhone right now you can't access the entire file system from any app, but an app can easily create its own private storage. Ravpower makes a storage device called the FileHub, which has a companion app called FileHub Plus. This app is free and can read (and play video) from any attached storage. What it doesn't do is stitch together the front and repeater videos, but viewing files is not a problem. You do need a USB to Lightning adapter, but there are many storage solutions for that.

I wish that the SentryView app that works with the SanDisk wireless USB drive would also work like this, as it is a great viewer for TeslaCam files ....

I like the free third party app Tesla Cam/Sentry Reviewer by Snailbot Apps.

You still need to unplug the USB from the car and plug it into your phone, which requires a USB to USBC or USBmini adapter, but it lets you review all three cameras simultaneously, at various viewing speeds, including manual, and it lets you delete files one at a time or all at once. And you can do it without access to internet, from the comfort of your beautiful automobile. Slick app for Sentry.

I like the free third party app Tesla Cam/Sentry Reviewer by Snailbot Apps.

You still need to unplug the USB from the car and plug it into your phone, which requires a USB to USBC or USBmini adapter, but it lets you review all three cameras simultaneously, at various viewing speeds, including manual, and it lets you delete files one at a time or all at once. And you can do it without access to internet, from the comfort of your beautiful automobile. Slick app for Sentry.

Is this an Android app? I am an Apple user and don't see this listed in the app store.