Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BEV Spec Comparison with Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Zoomit

Sep 1, 2015
SoCal
There aren't many specifications released yet for the Model 3 but I added it to my Spec Comparison spreadsheet. This can be helpful to compare the technical characteristics of the more affordable Battery Electric Vehicles sold in California. (So I apologize for those accustomed to metric units.)

Beside the two future 200-mi BEVs, it includes 10 shorter range BEVs, two Extended Range EVs, a used Model S 60, a Model S 90D and a Model X 90D. There's much that can't be captured by numbers, but this has helped me keep the different cars sorted out.

I welcome suggestions or corrections. Speculation is fun, but I'd like to have the Model 3 details reflect what Tesla has announced (formally or informally) or displayed.

pSI9JE5.png

There are a couple more options (S 85, 70D, 85D, performance versions) for the Model S and X that aren't on the spreadsheet. Don't know if those matter much to whomever would be using the info. Btw, the S 60 should be considered 2013 car and the 85 variants can be considered 2012 cars. Then again, there are Roadsters to consider which are interesting beasts.
Also don't see the iMiev or Rav4 EV, but I don't know if those can be considered current vehicles. I passed a Rav4 EV on the highway today, so I know those are still running around.
Once you get into the Extended Range EV, there are a bunch of options not on the sheet. Everything from the i8 to plug in Prius. Prolly shouldn't even have those on the sheet.

Thanks for the feedback Jason. I didn't want to get into all the permutations of the S and X, but just give representative examples that are currently available. The Roadsters and Rav4 EV are no longer available and the iMiev isn't really a player either. The Volt and the i3 REx are really quite different than the shorter range Plug-In Hybrids and they get cross-shopped with the affordable BEVs.

Garlan--the Model 3 tire and wheel info is from here:

I updated my spreadsheet of BEV spec and performance data. There are lots of additions to the future models, but few specifics. Amongst the changes, I added red text for my speculation on some of the numbers. I also added more performance data where available. Each different available battery/range option is now a separate column. Enjoy!
View media item 114929

• Informative
Reactions: geoffreak