Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Out of spec says -"Model 3 is the best!"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wait wait, have both ;)
Just kidding

Some rumors have a hatch like the S on the highland
If that’s the case, makes sense, could add to the confusion

Back to current 3 vs Y
Two diff use cases, experiences and need
Select based on need
Love the 3, but hate putting my golf clubs in the trunk
Love putting my clubs in the Y
Love accelerating the 3
Stop it

• Funny
Reactions: AZAV8R and Sambub
We don’t have kids, I was curious to thoughts on the Y since it’s the same chassis - our next purchase is leaning to M3P but debating to wait for the refresh or buy for like $5k off inventory now. I hear some cool and some not so cool things about highland. Decisions decisions.

My 2021 SR+ at 3616 lbs. was the lightest weight Tesla you could buy (excluding the long defunct roadster). It shows in the driving dynamic. The newer LFP models put on a little weight. The model Y which is only available in a LR AWD configuration is quite a bit heavier but a lot more utilitarian.

My son prefers his Y for the room but prefers driving my car. We will trade sometimes depending on the mission.

Reactions: MODEL+ and GtiMart
If only the 3 was a hatchback. Still, Kyle is right on this one. The MY has its place and I'd recommend one in a heartbeat to those that need the space. My work place is littered with them for good reason. However, the Model 3 is a better fit for my driving style. Ideally, it would be an M3P, but the AWD gets the job done for now. I'm really itching to see what the redesign brings.

I bought the 3 SR+ coming from an Odyssey minivan. I never even considered the Y. There are two things I can't do in the 3 that I could do in the minivan and those are loading a 4x8 sheet of plywood, and just tossing the bikes in. I can put one bike in with the wheel off, but that's about it, and with the bike in there isn't room for much else.

I've heard it said here that the SR+ is actually the best handling of them too as they are lighter but still hug the road, and once up to speed acceleration is pretty much the same. I haven't driven any of the others anywhere it would matter so I don't really know.

I bought the 3 SR+ coming from an Odyssey minivan. I never even considered the Y. There are two things I can't do in the 3 that I could do in the minivan and those are loading a 4x8 sheet of plywood, and just tossing the bikes in. I can put one bike in with the wheel off, but that's about it, and with the bike in there isn't room for much else.

I've heard it said here that the SR+ is actually the best handling of them too as they are lighter but still hug the road, and once up to speed acceleration is pretty much the same. I haven't driven any of the others anywhere it would matter so I don't really know.
You seem to rhe perfect candidate for the Cybertruck
It will be awhile until we can get one, but when around, so a demo drive