Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Beware of scammer: Johnny Perez at Shadowcraft USA & Chicago Composites

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went in for chrome delete at 7am on firday with the understanding it would be done by noon or early afternoon same day. Also informed that i have an appointment for detailing and ceramic coating saturday at 10am. He said no problem. its now saturday 2pm and my car is still not completed. He definitely cannot adhere to timelines. the shop is understaffed and he obviously takes on way more work than he can handle.

Hi guys, just wanted to tell everyone my experience. I ordered a carbon fiber wood dash replacement along with a carbon fiber center console the first week of November. I still haven't gotten my stuff. Initially, Johnny was very responsive to emails but then basically fell off the grid so I decided to message him on Instagram. Many times I have to message him more than once but he eventually does respond. Apparently they've gotten an influx of orders that they can't churn out fast enough (hmm I wonder who else had that problem :D). Johnny has apparently sent me a free set of mud flaps (still waiting on the tracking number) for the trouble and said that everything else will ship out next week. He also shared finished pictures of a few of the pieces and they do look very high quality. Upon discovering this forum post and a couple others along the same lines, I messaged him on Instagram to let him know the general sentiment of Tesla owners so hopefully he starts responding to people.

Here's what he sent me tonight.
IMG_20181221_010444_479.jpg
IMG_20181221_010449_596.jpg
IMG_20181221_010446_891.jpg
IMG_20181221_010457_315.jpg

... Johnny has apparently sent me a free set of mud flaps (still waiting on the tracking number) for the trouble and said that everything else will ship out next week...

I was interested in carbon fiber seat backs, door panels, and steering wheel while still keeping all the white vegan leather for all three of these parts. However, after researching Shadowcraft - I don't think it's worth it until he makes everyone hole again or explain/proves their new business practices.

Even the above comment seems a bit fake. Who puts mud flaps on their Model 3? But I guess if you can put bull horns on (backwards) I guess why not.

Well I never saw this thread and paid $615 for parts on 3/30/19. Johnny was incredibly responsive leading up to me pulling the trigger and then quiet immediately after. He said one week to ship, so after a week I emailed back and he got back to me a few days later saying they were going through a “shop move” due to complaints for loud noises and fumes in a residential area. I thought that sounded fishy, but Maps confirms that there are definitely houses behind the shop address.

870691F4-3EEB-45B2-ADC9-6A4A17CD89CF.jpeg

In any event now I’m on the fence. I’d hate to think I get the product knowing that I’ll be sharing it on my YouTube channel and setting up others to be scammed out of money...

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
Well I never saw this thread and paid $615 for parts on 3/30/19. Johnny was incredibly responsive leading up to me pulling the trigger and then quiet immediately after. He said one week to ship, so after a week I emailed back and he got back to me a few days later saying they were going through a “shop move” due to complaints for loud noises and fumes in a residential area. I thought that sounded fishy, but Maps confirms that there are definitely houses behind the shop address.

View attachment 396929

In any event now I’m on the fence. I’d hate to think I get the product knowing that I’ll be sharing it on my YouTube channel and setting up others to be scammed out of money...

Following up -- after a long 26 days (for what was to be a one week turnaround), Johnny texted me last night saying that he has a tracking number and would provide it later (last night) though he didn't. Even if he is not a scammer working with him is very frustrating. If the parts do not arrive within the next few business days I will dispute the charge...

Following up -- after a long 26 days (for what was to be a one week turnaround), Johnny texted me last night saying that he has a tracking number and would provide it later (last night) though he didn't. Even if he is not a scammer working with him is very frustrating. If the parts do not arrive within the next few business days I will dispute the charge...

For anyone still watching this -- 5 days later and no tracking number. I have disputed the charge with American Express, texted Johnny that I have done so, and let him know that I will be glad to close the dispute if he produces a tracking number (or of course if a product suddenly arrives at my doorstep). I'm not holding my breath...

• Love
Looks like paying via credit card or PayPal is the way to go. Both can be disputed... and obviously no mercy if the guy sings you the blues.
Credit cards are no longer client friendly.
I disputed 3 charges over the past 3 years.
One was for $5,000 ... Chase ... after 2 years I had to take vendor to small claims court and WON. Chase were useless.
This year $2,000 in two charges ... another bank sided the merchant both times even though I had written proof of failure to delivery merchandize.
Now if I have a bad feeling I cut a check, then stop it. Done that once for $500. Much simpler. (You do have to act within 72 hours.)
No idea about PayPal.

• Disagree
We need more pics - maybe from the underside and installed too?

I’ll put together an install video and make sure I cover all angles on the parts.

Still would not order from this person

Part of me says I completely agree and the other part says that they’re the only ones that actually have the parts I want. If RPM, TSportline, or EVANNEX had these parts I would have gone through them.

Credit cards are no longer client friendly.
I disputed 3 charges over the past 3 years.
One was for $5,000 ... Chase ... after 2 years I had to take vendor to small claims court and WON. Chase were useless.
This year $2,000 in two charges ... another bank sided the merchant both times even though I had written proof of failure to delivery merchandize.
Now if I have a bad feeling I cut a check, then stop it. Done that once for $500. Much simpler. (You do have to act within 72 hours.)
No idea about PayPal.

Amex is very consumer friendly.