Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Big Screens in cars -- seen on the streets

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Robert.Boston

Model S VIN P01536
How soon will we see the Model S police cruiser edition? Notice that the Boston Police already are used to a 17" at their fingers!
IMG-20120119-00016.jpg

Still. Interesting concept. You could reinforce the Model S which would add significant weight and would decrease range but I'd imagine for patrol duty, it would work well. Plus, sitting on the side of the road wouldn't require running a gas engine and wasting fuel. I have no idea how much weight is added to police cruisers over a standard car but would a police car using the 80 kWh pack that only got 100-150 miles of realistic range (making these numbers up obviously) be worth it to police departments? I'd imagine in bulk, Tesla could bring the price down but not sure if most departments can afford such a potentially expensive car. Cool idea though.

Gotta love the internet.
- about 1,000 pounds (454 kilograms) heavier than their civilian counterparts, depending on the model and what options are installed.
How Police Cars Work

Does anyone know the math behind estimating how much of a range hit the Model S would take with this added weight?

It could have LED lights and everything. Whoever gets pulled over in their EV by the first police car EV would make history too.