Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bike Racks?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Besides wanting a car with no exhaust, I like to ride my bike. I had a Mini with bike racks, a great way to bring my bike to various places to ride. Any ideas about bike racks for Model S? The racks Mini had designed for the Cooper looked great, being designed to match. It would be cool and really enhancing the "Green" concept of the Model S to have the same.

Besides wanting a car with no exhaust, I like to ride my bike. I had a Mini with bike racks, a great way to bring my bike to various places to ride. Any ideas about bike racks for Model S? The racks Mini had designed for the Cooper looked great, being designed to match. It would be cool and really enhancing the "Green" concept of the Model S to have the same.

Check out my thread on the Torklift Central Eco Hitch for the Model S and my hitch bike rack.....

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/13787-Torklift-Central-Eco-Hitch-Installed-Pictures?highlight=Eco+hitch

Aaron

Thanks for the ideas and links. Thinking about it, the rear concept on a trailer type hitch seems like it is the way to go. The roof rake (like I had with the Mini) has it's drawbacks, the biggest being once up, you'll never take it off. I'll check out the units noted on the two links from Aaron and Chad.

I've had my TorkLift hitch on for several days now; it doesn't look like ground clearance will be a problem if the receiver is left on all the time. I do plan to leave it on. I've used hitch bike racks for a while now, including on my Leaf, and I pleased with them. Before I install the TorkLift, we took a ~200 mile trip with two bicycles inside the Tesla. That worked ok but loading and unloading was more of a hassle than I wanted.

I am interested in the Torklift for my Model S, I would like to do the installation myself. The video on installation only shows the install after the black plastic bumper has been removed. I sent an email to Torklift asking for further info on how to remove and reinstall the black plastic bumper. It has been several weeks and no reply. Do the instructions that come with the lift detail how to remove the exterior bumper?

I am interested in the Torklift for my Model S, I would like to do the installation myself. The video on installation only shows the install after the black plastic bumper has been removed. I sent an email to Torklift asking for further info on how to remove and reinstall the black plastic bumper. It has been several weeks and no reply. Do the instructions that come with the lift detail how to remove the exterior bumper?

The instructions that come with the tow package are pretty thorough PM me your email address, I'll email them over.