Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bittersweet goodbye

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Christal - love this thread! I've been anxiously awaiting my Model S, my first. Went into production a day before yours. Although I'm currently driving a car that's a bit better than the Jetta, the wait has been difficult. This thread made it a little easier.

Thanks, Frank
Frank, don't listen to my Tesla "friends".

Glad you can enjoy my thread while you anxiously await your first Tesla! It is going to be an amazing experience, trust me. I'll never be able to recreate that first delivery, although this time the wait is still ridiculously painful (and much much longer).

So while we wait, let's talk about our cars! What color, interior, trim, etc did you order?

They are fantastic neighbors, we're very fortunate to have great neighbors on both sides. The kind who have a key to our house, and we to theirs.

One time when I got a loaner, I forgot to bring take one of my garage door openers when I left for work. So when I get home, the house was empty, the loaner couldn't open it, and the battery was dead on the electronic deadbolt. Even worse, my neighbor with the key was out of town. Thankfully, they had their phone on them and called another neighbor a couple houses down who gave me my neighbor's key and I went and got my key. I made sure to put a garage opener in the loaner right away. And thankfully, the dog hadn't gone potty yet!

Frank, don't listen to my Tesla "friends".

Glad you can enjoy my thread while you anxiously await your first Tesla! It is going to be an amazing experience, trust me. I'll never be able to recreate that first delivery, although this time the wait is still ridiculously painful (and much much longer).

So while we wait, let's talk about our cars! What color, interior, trim, etc did you order?

Yes, let's do that!

Midnight Silver, Pano Roof, 19" silver slipstream wheels, Grey next gen seats, glossy obeche wood, white headliner, A/P (of course), premium upgrade package, subzero package.

Yes, let's do that!

Midnight Silver, Pano Roof, 19" silver slipstream wheels, Grey next gen seats, glossy obeche wood, white headliner, A/P (of course), premium upgrade package, subzero package.
So close to mine! I had the glossy obeche on my 60, so wanted something different this time but still wanted the contrast of gloss. I would have loved glossy carbon fiber! I chose piano black, but I'm guessing I'll get the gloss ash. Close enough.

Fun fact, back in 2013, the grain on the obeche was oriented vertically. That's what I had. The glossy obeche is very beautiful.

Our cars are going to be so gorgeous I can't stand it!

Attachments

• 20151013_141559.jpg
    20151013_141559.jpg
    335.4 KB · Views: 70