Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bittersweet goodbye

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really wanted the Lacewood but by the time I had hit my savings goal it had been removed as an option. I ended up with the matte Obeche wood (horizontal by that point) completely on a whim. I was on the phone with the K Street showroom and I asked the guy helping me what his preference was. He said the matte Obeche looked nice so I go "matte Obeche it is!"

I actually do really like it, and have gotten about as many complements on the wood trim as I have the car overall! That lacewood though...

I bet the new Ash will look quite dashing ( ;) ) as well.

P.S. I had to have my reservation re-built because I had put the deposit down pre-price-hike to lock in, but didn't finalize before the configurator update, so I ended up with half old and half new elements loading in MyTesla. Pretty wild. I also ended up with a Yacht Floor that I wasn't expecting as well as neither the original back seats nor the Next-Gen back seats. My car is a bit of a mutt (a beautiful wildly quick, mutt!).

Reactions: Btrflyl8e
Um, what seats did you end up getting then? For the S, I was only familiar with the 1.0/1.1 seats, 1.5 seats, and 2.0/next-gen seats. You got some other variant?

I suppose they are the 1.5 seats? They don't have the low whiplash arrestors like the early models and they aren't the puffy Next-gen rear-seats that I think were later axed?

They actually look a good deal like the rear seats that are in the pictures on the Model S configurator now.

Stop hijacking my thread, Cyclone! Lol

I thought I was handling the wait so much better this time. I was very, very wrong.

I finally stopped by Tire Kingdom today and got that flat tire fixed. Full size spare made me lazy.

• Funny
Reactions: Cyclone
I suppose they are the 1.5 seats? They don't have the low whiplash arrestors like the early models and they aren't the puffy Next-gen rear-seats that I think were later axed?

They actually look a good deal like the rear seats that are in the pictures on the Model S configurator now.

Ahh. The 1.5s continued to be offered until not too long ago when all leather seats required next-gen. Easiest way to tell 1.0/1.1 vs. 1.5 is with the rear headrests. The 1.5 block the rear-view mirror a good bit more.

I dream of a future where Tesla makes a flatbed truck, equips it with AutoPilot, and sends our deliveries out there. Alternatively, have our AutoPilot enabled cars just drive themselves from the factory to our driveway ;)

In the meantime, I am actually excited that your deliveries are close and look forward to both the first impression of Frank and the seasoned veteran's impression of Christal.

Reactions: Btrflyl8e
I dream of a future where Tesla makes a flatbed truck, equips it with AutoPilot, and sends our deliveries out there. Alternatively, have our AutoPilot enabled cars just drive themselves from the factory to our driveway ;)

In the meantime, I am actually excited that your deliveries are close and look forward to both the first impression of Frank and the seasoned veteran's impression of Christal.
Wait, the way you worded that sounds like you're wanting A longtime Tesla driver to do their best impression of me. I know at least 2 guys who will try.

Wait, the way you worded that sounds like you're wanting A longtime Tesla driver to do their best impression of me. I know at least 2 guys who will try.

Oh, YASSSS! That is just screaming out for me. I could do quite the review now, but it will probably be much better after spending the next 5 days with her.

Edit: OK, this just happened...
Screenshot_20160512-055232.png

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Cyclone