Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bjørn Nyland went 999km with 16% left SOC in only 10 hours including a lot of rain.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He arrived with 10% SOC at his first charge after the 10 hour run. That's 100km/h average (using the practical score).

1Mm is 621.3712 miles. 10 hours is 600 minutes, and is also 36,000 seconds. That's 1.03561867 miles per minute (average).

Bjørn Nyland does these runs in practical freeway driving.

Last edited:
Reactions: GSP
Oh the irony...it's oil money you are seeing. Secondly, just go north towards the coastal areas adjascent to the Lofoten Islands, pretty but the roads get worse...or at least they did when I was a young man.

Sure. Oil money was being used to build those roads. But who's the world leader in EV Adoption and why do you think that is? Well, because forward looking politicians nowadays use the oil money in part to incentivize electric vehicles and infrastructure for EVs. Couple that with being more than self sufficient in electric power generation which comes 99% from hydropower...

Which country has become a world leader in electric vehicles?

Norway highways are impressive...not a single pothole or faded line marking.

That may be true, but German highways are more impressive. Driving the speeds required to average 100 kph would be dangerous on Norwegian roads.

Bjørn does this kind of testing on unrestricted sections of the autobahn.

GSP

Reactions: Johan
Bjørn does this kind of testing on unrestricted sections of the autobahn.

In this 1000 km drive he drove from Germany and ended up in Norway, so only a part of it was driven in Germany - where they have excellent roads where can go 140-160 kph for long stretches.

Driving the speeds required to average 100 kph would be dangerous on Norwegian roads.

Not at all. He was mostly on 100 or 110 rated highway where you can drive at least 120-130 kph during low traffic times.

• Informative
Reactions: GSP
Very similar to my run. I did 674 miles in 10 hours and 49 minutes with my wife's P3D.

Crossed 1,000km (621 miles) at 9 Hours and 59 Minutes.

This was on US roads with V2 Supercharging. Ran into reduced Supercharging speeds and a little traffic on the last leg.

A LR RWD should be able to do quite a bit better given the right conditions.