Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bjørn's Tesla Model S videos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Bjorn,

Just wanted to say a big thank you for all the videos. I've only fairly recently started looking into whether I can get a Model S and these were a fantastic source of information.

Keep up the good work.

Congratulations!

I won't ever go out and drive 18 hours with 40km/h. That is crazy stuff. So I think you earned it. [emoji3]

Thanks for showing the outside world, what is possible to squeeze out, if you ever get in range trouble.

Last edited:
Funny how it's called "hypermiling" even when measured in kilometers. :)

The countdown is now on for the first 1000km ride without charging -- it'll require a 100+ kWh battery, but you know they're coming within a year or two. Can't be long now for the first 1000km hypermiling run!

Very Impressive, congrats Bjorn!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, nice Bjørn!

Boring (for you and your friend), but nicely done :)

Also seems kind of settled then that 77,5kWh is close to the maximum available energy from an 85kWh battery.

There is anecdotal Evidence of a 20 mile reserve after "charge now" appears. When the reserve is used up, the car shuts down. So perhaps there is 80kWh available for driving (including reserve) and 5kWh battery protection reserve that you can't use.
(Don't count on it though. A friend's model S shut down at Charge now though so it seems like the reserve is somewhat arbitrary)

Wow, nice Bjørn!

Boring (for you and your friend), but nicely done :)

Also seems kind of settled then that 77,5kWh is close to the maximum available energy from an 85kWh battery.
From 100 % to charge now was actually 76.5 kWh (was shown towards the end of the video).

Very Impressive, congrats Bjorn!!!
There is anecdotal Evidence of a 20 mile reserve after "charge now" appears. When the reserve is used up, the car shuts down. So perhaps there is 80kWh available for driving (including reserve) and 5kWh battery protection reserve that you can't use.
(Don't count on it though. A friend's model S shut down at Charge now though so it seems like the reserve is somewhat arbitrary)
The previous record holder spend a little over 80 kWh before the car shut down. We could have driven until shutdown, but we didn't feel like waiting for a flatbed and all that.