Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bjørn's Tesla Model S videos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Hi Bjorn,
Just wondering if you can tell me what's happening at 2:25 in the video where it looks like you go from 3phase wall outlet, to custom sub-board to car charger inlet.

What voltage? how many phases? And how many amps are you pulling?
What's going on in the box and what rate are you charging the car at?

Or if you made a video or a thread about it point me in that direction.
Cheers :)

Last edited by a moderator:
As you may know, in Europe, the UMC only supports up to 16A 400V three-phase (11 kW). The box he used is a home-made portable Type 2 EVSE compatible with 32A 400V three-phase (22 kW).

The materials used are (roughly translated):

32A Mainpine EPC (£70): 700 NOK
4 meter cable (Ratio) 3-phase 32A with Type2 connector: 1.700 NOK
Ground fault switch 4-pole 63A 30mA, NL1: 332 NOK
Modular CONTACTOR-NCH8-63-4POL: 502 NOK
Socket 32A 3Pole 400V 6H IP44: 71 NOK
Cable H07RN-F LX 5G6 4.00 Meter: 637 NOK
Cable Cutting Fee: 23 NOK
NIPPEL M32. CABLEDIAMETER 16 - 20mm 2 ea: 22 NOK
Junction Box 10 Modules IP55: 221 NOK
PLS/CTX spacer 1 module 55,57 2 ea: 112 NOK
1264643 WK 6 SL/U Ground Clamp 1 ea: 32 NOK
Shipping: 250 NOK
Electrician 1 hour: 700 NOK
Total: 5.302 NOK ($883)

The hardest bits to get a hold of are the 32A Mainpine EPC (controller) and the Type 2 cable. The rest is pretty standard electrical stuff.

Last edited:
Love the new video! Can't wait for part 2. The scenery in Norway is really beautiful.

Glad to see how you manage to charge en route without superchargers. Seems however like you need way more cables and adapters than we do in the USA.

Thanks again!

That was a really great video, thanks for making these!

It actually felt like watching a professional road movie / documentary on the TV. Probably due to the perfect editing with driving and scenery shots interspersed with interesting encounters with interesting people. It was nice that you got so many of the people you got help from also talking on the camera. :)

You should sell this to NRK or some other Norwegian TV channel!

Thanks for the feedbacks, guys :)

Love the new video! Can't wait for part 2. The scenery in Norway is really beautiful.

Glad to see how you manage to charge en route without superchargers. Seems however like you need way more cables and adapters than we do in the USA.

Thanks again!
I did bring a lot of adapters. However, the most used ones were the UMC with red adapter (for 400V/16A) and the 22 kW charging station (400V/32A). I brought the others in case the red plugs didn't give me the juice. I also wanted to show Johan Koch and others the adapter set that one of the forum members is selling.

Definitely worth watching on the big screen. The scenery is wonderful.

Great video Bjorn!

GSP
You guys didn't get dizzy from the handheld shots? I did. I'm using a BenQ MW516 DLP projector on a 90" screen as my main display. You use projector as well?

That was a really great video, thanks for making these!

It actually felt like watching a professional road movie / documentary on the TV. Probably due to the perfect editing with driving and scenery shots interspersed with interesting encounters with interesting people. It was nice that you got so many of the people you got help from also talking on the camera. :)

You should sell this to NRK or some other Norwegian TV channel!
Maybe I should. But the video has to be more refined though :)

I'm at 5 minutes in the video and it's fun already!
I thought you said that you would not bring any animals anymore after those pigeons left their feathers everywhere...
I've transported many types of animals so far, and if I would transport them again...
- Dog(s) 2 times - yes
- Cat 2 times - yes
- Pigeons 1 time - NO!
- Parrot 1 time - yes
There's usually big bucks involved in transporting animals. Part of the reason is that airlines will charge over $400 for the job. And big trucks don't want to carry them because it's too cold and not comfortable for the animal. Yes, animals are a bit challenging. But I like them because most of them don't take up too much space. And they spice up the trip :)

i noticed your "Oh yeah!"s get a little less enthusiastic toward the end. Pretty long week, but you did it! The folks at advrider.com (motorcycle site) say it's not an adventure until something goes wrong. Way to go, thanks for sharing.
Driving that long without SC was a bit exhausting. That trip taught me to appreciate what most Tesla owners take for granted; the superchargers. But yes, it was a great adventure! :D

Big hug for the first Supercharger after a long time --> loved it!
Great movie... Again...
Thank you :)

Great video (part 2), Bjorn! You had great patience with 2 puppies on board. Hope the EasyBring profit for animal transport was worth it.

I noticed at 34:45 that your left sided rear license plate lamp is out. Maybe time for LED replacement (..or maybe a loose connection/socket)?

Great video (part 2), Bjorn! You had great patience with 2 puppies on board. Hope the EasyBring profit for animal transport was worth it.

I noticed at 34:45 that your left sided rear license plate lamp is out. Maybe time for LED replacement (..or maybe a loose connection/socket)?
The puppies added 2000 NOK to my profit, so it was well worth it. I have replaced the LEDs now. I think I didn't tighten the screws last time so some moisture caused one of the lamps to black out.