Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Black model X... Black or white seats?

Black or white seats in a black model X

• Black

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • White

Votes: 20 66.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

number12

Supporting Member
Aug 16, 2016
Tesla
might be to late to change... (Production starts 9/12 - anyone know?)

BUT which would you pick with standard black? I will probably do the opposite of seat color for headline. Any advice or direction to some pictures would be great. I'm already indecisive, and never seeing a black X in person does not make it any easier. Thanks

I like the look of contrast of going opposite, but at the end of the day, I prefer all black interiors as they force my eyes outside and reduce visual distractions, but that's me. With that massive windshield, I am even more inclined to go that way (black headliner too). Many have mentioned that in the X,,people are touching the headliner more, so the black is preferred.

Then again, finding stuff at night, heck even during the day in a parking garage can be a pain in a black interior.

There is no wrong (except the headliner should be black). Enjoy!

I like the look of contrast of going opposite, but at the end of the day, I prefer all black interiors as they force my eyes outside and reduce visual distractions, but that's me. With that massive windshield, I am even more inclined to go that way (black headliner too). Many have mentioned that in the X,,people are touching the headliner more, so the black is preferred.

Then again, finding stuff at night, heck even during the day in a parking garage can be a pain in a black interior.

There is no wrong (except the headliner should be black). Enjoy!
That was going to be my sub question.

White seats I would definitely get black headliner.

Black seats though it's a toss up for me, all black might be to much... And or white may get to dirty. I can be careful and clean, but as far as straight looks I am not sure.

white seats require the black headliner, but black you could get either.

one thing i'm a stickler on is to always get the black headliner. the other one gets dirty and shows wear way to fast - hands natural push on it getting in and out, you rub against it, heads hit it, etc. it gets stained fast and is not easy to clean.

with that said, if black interior with black headliner is too dark, then i'd go with white/black. the white seats are actually supposed to be easier to clean than leather apparently as they are stain treated.

Might be off topic but has anyone been successful in change your order after DS has said you can not? I asked 2 weeks before production started got a NO then now asked again and he said production has started.

I went for all black with obesian black outside, and will have the standard wheels partially painted like one of the other forum members. I changed the headliner to black too (it's small and might seem strange if it's the only light colored item). Was hesitating for white seats, they look great. But doubted if that's the right choice if you plan on having the car for +5 years. The black leather seats on my previous cars just looked better a few years than the lightly colored ones.