TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

BlackVue in car (front & rear) cam

Discussion in 'Hong Kong' started by Gasla, Oct 8, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Gasla

Gasla Member

Hi folks, I recalled of seeing someone had offered a group buy of Blackvue car cam. Is it still available or you may able to share the vendor information for installation?

2. Tesla S1

Tesla S1 Member

I would be interested in Group Buy for BlackVue 650.

3. evevevev

evevevev Member

I installed it last month. However, seems the windshield block the GPS. Did other users of car cam with GPS experience this ?

4. cynix

cynix Member

BlackVue in car (front & rear) cam

I'm using Thinkware F750, and yes the windscreen does block GPS signal. It takes about 2 hours in an open area for my dash cam to acquire GPS location.

The BlackVue is a lot smaller, I believe if you mount it as close as possible to the top edge of the windscreen then it'll get a better signal.

5. Optic

Optic Member

Do you need to open the pano roof to acquire GPS signal? I have had the f750 and so far so good.. it is a bit bigger

6. electriccar111

electriccar111 New Member

I'm planning to buy one. But still haven't got a reliable one to "hardwire" it. Any suggestion ?

- - - Updated - - -

can anyone suggest a reliable technician who can hardwire the dash cam to provide 24-hour power supply ?

7. cynix

cynix Member

If I park the car in an open area for 2 hours, it usually finds the signal on its own without opening pano roof. If I'm in a hurry, I can take the front cam off the windscreen, hold it up through the pano roof for a few seconds for it to find the signal, then put it back on the windscreen.

8. jsiu

jsiu Member

9. markwj

markwj Moderator, Asia Pacific

Talk to Mark at Mars Automobile Services. He did mine, wired through the blackvue power magic pro.

marsautohk (at) gmail (dot) com.

10. slicedbread

slicedbread Member

does removing lining/dashboard/sealing rubber etc in order to conceal the wiring invalidate the car's warranty?