Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BlackVue in car (front & rear) cam

Gasla

Oct 6, 2015
HK
Hi folks, I recalled of seeing someone had offered a group buy of Blackvue car cam. Is it still available or you may able to share the vendor information for installation?

evevevev

Oct 5, 2014
HK
I installed it last month. However, seems the windshield block the GPS. Did other users of car cam with GPS experience this ?

cynix

Jul 7, 2014
Sydney, Australia
BlackVue in car (front & rear) cam

I installed it last month. However, seems the windshield block the GPS. Did other users of car cam with GPS experience this ?

I'm using Thinkware F750, and yes the windscreen does block GPS signal. It takes about 2 hours in an open area for my dash cam to acquire GPS location.

The BlackVue is a lot smaller, I believe if you mount it as close as possible to the top edge of the windscreen then it'll get a better signal.

Optic

Nov 10, 2014
Hong Kong
I'm using Thinkware F750, and yes the windscreen does block GPS signal. It takes about 2 hours in an open area for my dash cam to acquire GPS location.

The BlackVue is a lot smaller, I believe if you mount it as close as possible to the top edge of the windscreen then it'll get a better signal.

Do you need to open the pano roof to acquire GPS signal? I have had the f750 and so far so good.. it is a bit bigger

electriccar111

Dec 2, 2015
Hong Kong
I'm planning to buy one. But still haven't got a reliable one to "hardwire" it. Any suggestion ?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm planning to buy one. But still haven't got a reliable one to "hardwire" it. Any suggestion ?
can anyone suggest a reliable technician who can hardwire the dash cam to provide 24-hour power supply ?

cynix

Jul 7, 2014
Sydney, Australia
Do you need to open the pano roof to acquire GPS signal? I have had the f750 and so far so good.. it is a bit bigger

If I park the car in an open area for 2 hours, it usually finds the signal on its own without opening pano roof. If I'm in a hurry, I can take the front cam off the windscreen, hold it up through the pano roof for a few seconds for it to find the signal, then put it back on the windscreen.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC