Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BlendMount Radar detector mount for Tesla Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I moved permanently to the US in 1998 but as I recall in Ontario they will let you plead down a points ticket to a no point 15km over.
However that still shows up on your driving record as a moving violation unlike the US parking ticket plea that doesn't.
In Buffalo itself they let you plead to a Jaywalking ticket which I find amusing 🙃
ha..jaywalking.

thanks for the the tip on pleading down. i did call around to some of these paralegal places that focuses on speeding ticket and they told me that the crown won't convert that into something else lower like the us.

ha..jaywalking.

thanks for the the tip on pleading down. i did call around to some of these paralegal places that focuses on speeding ticket and they told me that the crown won't convert that into something else lower like the us.
Your only recourse then is to try to Beat the Cops.
Check out this book

Essentially you demand the LEO or agency comes up with documents that show the police Radar or Laser gun has been recently
calibrated to be accurate.
If the police don't come up with the documentation then your case can be dismissed.
There's other recommendations in this book.
Ontario courts were very slow when I lived in Canada.
If you contested a ticket it could be up to 12-18 months but here 6-7 weeks is common for a court appearance.
In Ontario you can buy time so other tickets you may have can expire.
You could probably remand it a second time.
Maybe ask the paralegals specializing in speeding and points tickets about these strategies.
This book helped some Ontario residents of a friend beat their speeding tickets.

Here in Buffalo we don't demand calibration documentation because the plead it down to a parking or jaywalking ticket is routine and the cops get annoyed if they have to do extra work.
This defense would only be useful if you get a ticket on the NYS Thruway or other where there is no local court to offer a plea deal.

But in Ontario you have nothing to lose by demanding documentation that the radar/laser device has been calibrated and is accurate.

Last edited:
Your only recourse then is to try to Beat the Cops.
Check out this book

Essentially you demand the LEO or agency comes up with documents that show the police Radar or Laser gun has been recently
calibrated to be accurate.
If the police don't come up with the documentation then your case can be dismissed.
There's other recommendations in this book.
Ontario courts were very slow when I lived in Canada.
If you contested a ticket it could be up to 12-18 months but here 6-7 weeks is common for a court appearance.
In Ontario you can buy time so other tickets you may have can expire.
You could probably remand it a second time.
Maybe ask the paralegals specializing in speeding and points tickets about these strategies.
This book helped some Ontario residents of a friend beat their speeding tickets.

Here in Buffalo we don't demand calibration documentation because the plead it down to a parking or jaywalking ticket is routine and the cops get annoyed if they have to do extra work.
This defense would only be useful if you get a ticket on the NYS Thruway or other where there is no local court to offer a plea deal.

But in Ontario you have nothing to lose by demanding documentation that the radar/laser device has been calibrated and is accurate.
Thank you !!!

@Excaliber What route did you run the wire to get it to accessory port? Thanks!
Across the top of the windshield

Behind the A Pillar cover overlap

Down behind the weatherstrip

Then behind the kick panel

Then diagonally across the floor under the floormat otherwise the 12ft cable is too short.

Using a panel removal tool helps get it under the interior.

Reactions: siamnet
Here are some better photos from my 22 Plaid and radar install. I know there has been a lot of discussions and talk about which BlendMount to use on new Model S refresh, but this BlendMount is the one that came straight out of my 22 Denali. I do have the same issue is the other mount that was mentions and actually made for a M3, limited movement. My view is perfect. I have no complaints.

Attachments

• IMG_0677.jpeg
    IMG_0677.jpeg
    374.9 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0678.jpeg
    IMG_0678.jpeg
    449.8 KB · Views: 16